• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hemet/Temecula area OC

jares1234

imported post

Hey everybody. I noticed there are not any OC groups in the Hemet/Temecula area. The closest seem to be Norco and Escondido \. Although i would not make the best leader, because my lack of experience with the movement, I'm just trying to get the word out there that there are people in these area looking to form. So if at least 5 of us could get together once or every other month that would be cool. we could also meet up with the near by groups for bigger events. thanks!

inbox485

imported post

I've been pretty anti-social since my last move (I've put myself on virtual house arrest to take care of a number of projects and keeping the old place up until it sells). But I'm in Hemet, I've been to a few of the SoCal meetups, and if you want to throw out a time and place, I'll see if I can wrangle myself away from the sprinkler system or whatever else is occupying me and have a meet and greet.

jares1234 wrote:
Hey everybody. I noticed there are not any OC groups in the Hemet/Temecula area. The closest seem to be Norco and temecula. Although i would not make the best leader, because my lack of experience with the movement, I'm just trying to get the word out there that there are people in these area looking to form. So if at least 5 of us could get together once or every other month that would be cool. we could also meet up with the near by groups for bigger events. thanks!

bomb_guy

imported post

With all the recent attacks against the Hemet PD, I'll bet they are going to be on edge. However, those same issues only justify the need to be armed in light of the fact that if the criminals are going after the cops, who is going to protect us? It really doesn't appear the Hemet PD is capable of providing any reliable protection.

Does anyone have any experiences OC'ing in Hemet?

jares1234

imported post

looks like coolusername2007 has some experience and knowledge. As far as the Hemet PD goes, i have a friend who i went to high school with who's an officer with hemet. I can get his input on their stance and possibly get a letter or note to them of who we are faster through him.

A little fact as to what he told me that really increases our need for OC, the Hemet PD is a 60 sworn officer team, he said it should be 100. I asked him how many patrol units are out at one time, he said, "5 and most of them are on calls, so most really aren't actually patroling". I haven't seen a patrol car in 3 weeks. sounds like OC is making more sense.

PincheOgro1

imported post

I live in Perris. I'd be willing to attend a meet and greet with you guys. but It has to be around my work schedule. Tell me when and where, and if able... I'll be there.

Last edited:

chrisfromcali

imported post

So long as you guys don't bust my balls for only carrying a Taser I'm in ;) (Still working on my permit) I'm sure I could learn a thing or two.

jares1234

imported post

I don't think we'd bust your balls, but they would definitely take some punishment until you ACTUALLY OC.

jk. but seriously only a little teasing.

and I don't think we will be too picky, but generally a weekend day will probably work for most of us. with occasional weekdays and special events that may be a good idea to attend.

OH. and some news for you hemet people. City council just cut back on our PD again, laying off 2 or 3 officers from the little that we already have. All the more reason to OC, defend ourselves, and deter crime.

chrisfromcali

imported post

lol sounds good count me in.

That's really to bad about the layoff. I've heard some of the stories about the crime in Hemet, if anyone needs the help your city does.

jares1234

Hemet Laws

hey i've been looking around and haven't found anything specific to firearms other than discharging. I'm assuming that hemet just follows the state laws when it comes to OC. So anyone else can search tha'd be great.

wewd

hey i've been looking around and haven't found anything specific to firearms other than discharging. I'm assuming that hemet just follows the state laws when it comes to OC. So anyone else can search tha'd be great.

City of Hemet website has a link to the municipal code of the city, though it appears to not be working at the moment (for me anyway).

http://www.cityofhemet.org/index.htm - Down towards the bottom on the left sidebar.

If you are able to view it later, you should be able to find anything you need by searching the term "firearm".

PincheOgro1

Hey everybody. I noticed there are not any OC groups in the Hemet/Temecula area. The closest seem to be Norco and Escondido \. Although i would not make the best leader, because my lack of experience with the movement, I'm just trying to get the word out there that there are people in these area looking to form. So if at least 5 of us could get together once or every other month that would be cool. we could also meet up with the near by groups for bigger events. thanks!

Jared sounds like a plan. I am very worried about the schools though.

PincheOgro1

I live in Perris. When I first started carrying, I went to the Perris PD and asked if there were local/city ordnances restricting open carry. The officer said he did not know of any. Hemet is practically my back yard, soooo. It is Riverside County, and that's who polices our area.

mello5676

I'd be happy to meet up locally with anyone interested in learning more about the finer points of open carry. Just send me a PM.

I live in the menifee area, and have looked at alot of info, and ready to OC, but would like to meet /join people that are presently doing this.

mello5676

Sounds great, Im open most any time with alittle heads-up, ready to start my OC soon, just need more info from a current carrier..........

jares1234

I did start this thread, but just a reminder I'm new to OC. Looking to join i noticed from opencarry.org and from searching around, i thought starting a closer one to serve the hemet/perris/temecula area would be a good idea.

now some people seem worried in starting a new one without people that have already had the experience of OC. It would seem, coolusername2007, has experience and i've PM'd him on some good ways to start a new OC. I do too would like someone there with some experience as the possibility of running into officers will most likely happen.

Also, i'm not sure i would make the best leader for OC group since i'm fairly new and do not have a lot of experience, but if anyone is looking to take charge that has some experience feel free to grab the reins and start setting up a date, time, and location.

I know a good place for OC in hemet, it would be the hemet valley mall, the starbucks there is a great place. It is plenty far away from the nearest school and is on the main strip. Also it could be good to meet up in a central location or take turns switching off cities.

PincheOgro1

I did start this thread, but just a reminder I'm new to OC. Looking to join i noticed from opencarry.org and from searching around, i thought starting a closer one to serve the hemet/perris/temecula area would be a good idea.

now some people seem worried in starting a new one without people that have already had the experience of OC. It would seem, coolusername2007, has experience and i've PM'd him on some good ways to start a new OC. I do too would like someone there with some experience as the possibility of running into officers will most likely happen.

Also, i'm not sure i would make the best leader for OC group since i'm fairly new and do not have a lot of experience, but if anyone is looking to take charge that has some experience feel free to grab the reins and start setting up a date, time, and location.

I know a good place for OC in hemet, it would be the hemet valley mall, the starbucks there is a great place. It is plenty far away from the nearest school and is on the main strip. Also it could be good to meet up in a central location or take turns switching off cities.

What are the cross streets to the mall? looking at a school finder map for the hemet area. Looks like there are schools all over that area. I don't know if this is complete, but : http://www.education.com/schoolfind...&searchType=simple&state=ca&stateid=51&page=1

or this one
http://www.schoolfinder.ca.gov/Schools/Default.aspx?Address=Hemet%2c+Ca&MaxResults=100&Sort=Distance

or this one
http://www.cde.ca.gov/re/sd/

Last edited:

PincheOgro1

the closest school is Fruitvale Elementary. But its well over the 1000 ft range. The mall is between Kirby and Gilmore

Yeah I see it now. It's away from the school markers. Looks like Cawson Elementary is closer or the same distance as Fruitvale, but it still looks like it's more than 1k ft. By the map it looks clean, but I'd still like to recon the area just to be sure. I have a rotating work schedule and I will not have weekends off again till the end of July, and into August. I'm game if we can get a few together, and it's on one of my days off.

Last edited: