• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hemet/Temecula area OC

jares1234

hey all! sorry, so far there hasn't been an official meet up in this general area because of AB1934 which. if had passed, would have banned our right to open carry. Since it FAILED, and our right has been secured, (for now) it would be a great idea to get the first official Hemet/Temecula/Menifee/Murrieta meeting at a startbucks or other OC friendly business. I've suggested the central starbucks at the Hemet mall which is more than a 1000 feet from a school. some others have suggested old town temecula which would be good too, not sure how close the nearest school is. But if we could come up with a place, date, time that would be great. I think in general weekends are best suited for the majority of people. morning or evening can be voted upon.

It's important to know the laws of which ever city we are in. I know in city of Hemet there is nothing of banning open carry, so they follow state regulations, but to be sure, I plan to contact a rep from Hemet PD so that there is no confusion on our side or THEIRS.

Also, i wanted to let everyone know, you don't have OC to attend the event. I know some guys have stated that they don't have a handgun to bring, which is perfectly fine. I think one guy asked if it was ok for him to bring is taser instead which works for me. Obviously the more open carriers the more awesome it is, but i'm not about to not allow to attend because they believe in the cause and don't have the tool just yet. so, wives and children are welcome too. it only makes us look better anyway :)

So how does the month of September work? say the 25th?

PincheOgro1

hey all! sorry, so far there hasn't been an official meet up in this general area because of AB1934 which. if had passed, would have banned our right to open carry. Since it FAILED, and our right has been secured, (for now) it would be a great idea to get the first official Hemet/Temecula/Menifee/Murrieta meeting at a startbucks or other OC friendly business. I've suggested the central starbucks at the Hemet mall which is more than a 1000 feet from a school. some others have suggested old town temecula which would be good too, not sure how close the nearest school is. But if we could come up with a place, date, time that would be great. I think in general weekends are best suited for the majority of people. morning or evening can be voted upon.

It's important to know the laws of which ever city we are in. I know in city of Hemet there is nothing of banning open carry, so they follow state regulations, but to be sure, I plan to contact a rep from Hemet PD so that there is no confusion on our side or THEIRS.

Also, i wanted to let everyone know, you don't have OC to attend the event. I know some guys have stated that they don't have a handgun to bring, which is perfectly fine. I think one guy asked if it was ok for him to bring is taser instead which works for me. Obviously the more open carriers the more awesome it is, but i'm not about to not allow to attend because they believe in the cause and don't have the tool just yet. so, wives and children are welcome too. it only makes us look better anyway :)

So how does the month of September work? say the 25th?

I have to work the 25th. The 26th I have off. OR Sept 11-13 I have off.

nrickyz

I would be interested in a meeting

i'm in the Corona area and do open carry quite often myself. so far no E checks. so if someone sets up a meeting let me know.

whensley

Just recently bought a handgun and would like to Meet up with a few OCers sometime.

Last edited:

inbox485

I've been AWOL for a while, but I'm still hanging in there.

@jares1234: did you get any feedback from Hemet PD? I don't exactly loose sleep over the thought of a LEA getting upset at law abiding citizens, but I wouldn't mind knowing there opinions all the same.

A get together somewhere local would be great BTW.

chewy352

Old town is a great location. Coolusername had multiple events there with 0 leo contact. Also the Swing in Cafe loves our money and supports the constitution.

whensley

I would like to meet up with you all sometime. I am new to the whole OC concept, like i said in an earlier post i just recently bought a handgun and am still a little weary on carrying it in public.