Thread: MOC adopt a Highway Litter pickup July 17th!

MOC adopt a Highway Litter pickup July 17th!

We will be meeting at 7:00 AM on the 17th at the Panel Room Restaurant. There will be a short Safety meeting (required by the state) and I will hand out needed materials. We can plan to eat breakfast/brunch at the Panel Room and then we will load up and head over to the I94 and get to work. Remember this is a heavily traveled stretch of road and a great way to visibly get the word out!

I would recommend a pair of gloves and some sort of tool to pickup litter with! Bags will be provided.

You also might want bug spray and sunblock!!

If we have 3 people it will take 5 hours with 6 we could do it in 2.5 hours.

Directions http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...1&z=11&iwloc=A
    Last edited by autosurgeon; 07-10-2010 at 05:43 PM.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

ill see what i can do,but thats a long stretch for me!
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
    ill see what i can do,but thats a long stretch for me!
    Maybe you can find a couple of others from the Lansing area that might like to carpool!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

yeah i can do that.

just with the kid on the way im trying to save whatever i can.

Post imported post

Gotcha!

btt for the new forum software

I may be able.

Btt

Btt

This would be a 3 hour hike for me, I would love to go, but would need some help with gas... Anyone in Oakland county want to ride with me? If I can get at least one other person to ride with me, I will definately be there... if not, probably won't make it... I can have up to 6 total adults in my vehicle. I get about 20+ miles per gallon on the freeway...

can i bring my 870 along,if i come?

still havent acquired a handgun yet...

Quote Originally Posted by lil_freak_66 View Post
    can i bring my 870 along,if i come?

still havent acquired a handgun yet...
    While I personally have no problem with it. Be aware that this road is travled by lots of folks with cell phones that know nothing about OC. (You may get more attention than you bargained for)

Also you may wish to think about the best way to carry it while picking up junk! IE make sure you have a grabber tool with you that allows you to do so with minimal bending!!

I will have a large water cooler and cups available so no one keels over

Looks like it will only be in the low 80's and sunny!

I'll be there.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

just checked the distance,and there is NO WAY i will be able to make that,i wont be able to drive any further than jackson.
    Last edited by lil_freak_66; 07-09-2010 at 11:05 PM.

My brother and I will be leaving for Hartford in 30 min. See you all there!

Ok so here is an update on how it went.

First I would like to give a huge thankyou to Mosnar87 and EM87 for coming out and demonstrating that gun people can do good things!

The reactions of the people driving by were great lots of honking and waving. Lots of thumbs up.

The 5 hours that the three of us that showed up were out there were hot and exhausting mostly BC we had to walk twice the distance as we only had three people and couldn't leapfrog. We would park the vehicles and walk back to where we left off (in half mile increments) and then work back to the vehicles.

Anyway as a result in 5 hours we only got one side of the highway section done and will be back out there on the 17th to finish the job.

As I said the reaction was great but doing this with three people was not. We could have done the entire thing in 5 hours with 6 people for example.

Here are some pictures..

See the first post for the info on next weekend when we will be finishing the job.

Come on, people! This event should be BIG! Let's make it happen!

As autosurgeon mentioned we only had three(3) people show for the event today. If we have just a few more we can eliminate most of the extra walking and get our time down. We are starting this event earlier to avoid the heat of the day and even those of you who can't do physical labor could help out greatly by shuttling the others up and down the roadside. Please consider coming out and helping.

Thanks again to EM87 and autosurgeon for their hard work today.

Please respond below if you plan on being there on the 17th.
    "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
    —John F. Kennedy

"If a man neglects to enforce his rights, he cannot complain if, after a while, the law follows his example."
    —Oliver Wendell Holmes

I will try to make it this week. Last week was a bad week for me, and the plans I had got put off due to work.

I'd like to do this, and then go to Hillsdale.

I'll see you guys at 7:00 for breakfast!!!

Pictures from todays activities.