• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stun guns: Do you carry one? If so, what type do you carry?

Do you carry a Taser brand stun gun or another brand or none at all.

• Another brand stun gun.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

open4years

imported post

I own several stun guns. I have two long handled ones, one for the house and one for the van. I have two very small one million volts units. One has replaceable batteries and the other has rechargeable batteries. These are so small that they will fit in a ciggarete pack.
But, they are so small that it is hard to grip firmly.

How many of you carry some type of stun guns? How many carry Tasers? That is what I'm really interested in. I'm referring to the ones that shoot barbs and their wires out.

Do you carry it and a gun? What model do you suggest? I OC (of course!) and I'm a bit worried regarding the attention I might get from carrying a pistol, two extra magazines and a Taser - which look large to me. What reaction do you get?

Finally - thanks in advance for reading this and for your replies.

Dreamer

imported post

I dont't carry a stun gun for 2 main reasons. First, cost. I'm a grad student, and my budget is VERY limited for things like that. and Two, I regularly travel through parts of MD where they are illegal to possess, and I just don't want to deal with the hassle of potentially getting busted and losing my 2A rights, for carrying a "less-than-lethal" weapon in the PRM...

If I never had to set foot in MD again, and could afford a couple though, I probably would get a few...

Thoreau

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
sarapalin wrote:
taser c2

trying to figure out if you can take those id tags out of the cartridge

Don't. Its illegal.

I'd think the legality would be state-dependant. I'm not personally aware of any statutes in AZ that would even touch the subject of tasers (which is kinda funny since they're made here.) Short of a state law on the subject, federal really wouldn't apply (at least for AZ residents) since we would be talking about a product manufactured, sold, and owned all within the state. Kinda takes away any chance of the fed using interstate commerce as a way to put a stranglehold on our rights.

That said, I'd be REALLY careful with trying to even poke around on those things. One wrong move and who knows what the pressurized CO2 could do to ya under the right circumstances. They're probably designed ni such a way as to make that kind of 'tampering' as difficult (or impossible) as possible.

On subject, I personally don't carry any stun gun type products. Just my sidearm, and on occasion, OC spray if I can't have the gun. I have considered adding a C2 to my 'arsenal' to suppliment the OC spray for those times when I can't have the gun, but cost has pretty much prevent me from doing that as of yet. It doesn't help that I'd REALLY want to practice-fire it a few times before ever carrying it, and those refills are kinda pricey too.

zack991

imported post

If i need to pull a gun for a defense issue, I will draw a real sidearm. Not saying I dont carry one, I carry one when on duty as a armed guard. I carry both a tazer and a real firearm as well as pepper-spray. I have had to use it at work a few times and the only reason I carry it is to give me more options in dealing with shop lifters ect.

chrisfromcali

imported post

Normally they run about 500 bucks which is steep but found a site that sells them for $420. (Includes the M26, 4 cartridges, battery holder, case and a cute little citizens DVD) For me I think the price was worth it. I prefer the less lethal option but that's just me.

I actually opened carried it today but jeez the looks I got. (From a distance and even up close it looks like a 9mm) At least I know the neighbored hood kids will be skipping my house on the next egg run. I have to say I felt as if I was committing a crime.

It was the first time a cop pulled behind me and I thought to myself, if these guy pulls me over I'm going to jail. There is no law against open or closed carry a Taser but I'm not looking forward to when I finally have to speak with an LEO.

lil_freak_66

imported post

illegal in this state.

though that is trying to be changed so that they are as easy to get as a firearm,or at least so cpl holders can get one.

virginiatuck

imported post

I've been looking for/thinking about either the Taser M26 or the X26. I can't quite tell the difference between them, except that the X26 costs nearly twice as much and has the ability to take some sorts of adapters, like audio/video recorder, it has a data port for something, and the X26 looks "meaner."

What's a good OPEN CARRY holster for the Taser brand M26 or X26?

chrisfromcali

imported post

virginiatuck wrote:
I've been looking for/thinking about either the Taser M26 or the X26.  I can't quite tell the difference between them, except that the X26 costs nearly twice as much and has the ability to take some sorts of adapters, like audio/video recorder, it has a data port for something, and the X26 looks "meaner."

What's a good OPEN CARRY holster for the Taser brand M26 or X26?

The X26 is smaller and I think has a few new features. Other than that I don't see a huge difference. The X3 on the other hand (not yet available) looks like something out of star wars.

I would take a look here: http://shop.fortresstactical.com/

This is where I purchased my Taser. He has the largest selection for holders I found on the net. He also shipped my order within 24 hours. Nice guy.

Aaron1124

imported post

I carry a TASER C2. They are very effective, and unless you have actually been hit with it, you'll have no clue exactly how effective they are. It will put you down, regardless. Of the hundreds of people I have seen get hit with the taser, I have only seen one man able to fight through it, maintain his composure, and take the prongs out, and that man was a Navy SEAL who had specifically trained himself to be able to do that.

balackolama

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
I carry a TASER C2. They are very effective, and unless you have actually been hit with it, you'll have no clue exactly how effective they are. It will put you down, regardless. Of the hundreds of people I have seen get hit with the taser, I have only seen one man able to fight through it, maintain his composure, and take the prongs out, and that man was a Navy SEAL who had specifically trained himself to be able to do that.
people on meth dont always go down