• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

costco not open carry friendly

FIRESTORM9MM

imported post

open carry everywhere, until yesterday, management stopped me said no more of that, so i have email into corporate to make sure, i go to walmart,meijers, sams club all big box stores never a problem, hang tough all

Michigander

imported post

Costco has been anti gun as long as I've known of the place. In states where open carry is more common, they post no guns signs. If I remember right, others who have contacted corporate have been informed they are anti gun as a rule.

It probably has something to do with insurance and wanting to not piss off pro gun customers where OC is rare or illegal, because that way it's an out of sight out of mind thing. It's a sleazy means of business by an otherwise excellent corporation.

malignity

imported post

I was considering getting a membership at Sams club or Costco coming up here to save some dough. I now know which one we'll be choosing. Thanks.

kryptonian

imported post

LOVE costco - HATE sam's club. CC all the time in costco. never saw a no weapons sign on their door. card expired. you can enter without a card if you're buying liquor but i don't drink. is this ALL costco or individual stores policy?

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

kryptonian wrote:
LOVE costco - HATE sam's club. CC all the time in costco. never saw a no weapons sign on their door. card expired. you can enter without a card if you're buying liquor but i don't drink. is this ALL costco or individual stores policy?
No OC allowed at costco= no money spent at costco.springerdave.

kevron2020

Sams and Walmart are the same corporation You shouldn't have any problems at sams if WM is friendly to you. (in theory) Been CCing for along time, finally got a OWB holster and have started OCing.. I must say, it is nice not feeling like you've got a gun "jammed" in your pants. (not that it was) Still CC a BUG though. Amazing how pocket guns look like a cell phone in your pocket.

Savage.Detroit

I was in the Madison Heights Costco today OCing. The employees know me by now and don't seem to notice me anymore, well except for that lady working the eye glasses counter, she said she was a little nervous but never actually mentioned my pistol.

Bailenforcer

Boycot Costco

It's simple for me, if you don't like my rights, you don't like my money....