• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

why we need to be armed

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
No gun content.

I am not required to have a reason or excuse or need. Imagine a world without crime, will you then give up your arms?
Nor are you required to take another breath. LOL

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

opusd2

imported post

Imagine if Yoko took the hit instead of John
It's easy if you try

Imagine Courtney Love out of the scene, and Kurt still changing the world
It almost makes you cry

Yeah, I don't think John would be too keen on guns. But Courtney would still be unknown without a particular shotgun. She would not have had much success in music or film. I'd like to personally thank her for introducing Kurt to heroin.

I know this is off topic, but the song Imagine made me think of these things. But to get on topic, I carry because I want to.

M

McX

imported post

i'm trying to imagine a forum where there is no fighting! that's hard.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

The existence of crime is not the justification of the 'need' for guns, else absent crime guns are not 'needed'.

We may arm ourselves because we have the right that is listed but not granted in the COTUS.

When your teachers rapped knuckles with a ruler, was that 'fighting', or sent you to time-out or said "bad bad bad bad"?

M

McX

imported post

i didn't get the ruler to the knuckles, i got the teacher's edition math book dropped on my head................explains a few things about me huh?
but yeah doug, your right, rights is rights, crime not counted in the equation.