• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Troy/Clawson area OC

malignity

imported post

I'm going to be moving to Troy in a few weeks, right near the edge of Troy and Clawson. Does anyone know if these police departments are up to speed on Open Carry? Many of you know that I am very fearful of police encounters, and though I'm sure I will do fine were that to happen, I'd rather not be inviting one, especially a highly negative one, if they're not current on laws. Does anyone OC in Troy and Clawson on a regular basis? Have you had police interaction? How'd it go?

eastmeyers

imported post

malignity wrote:
I'm going to be moving to Troy in a few weeks, right near the edge of Troy and Clawson. Does anyone know if these police departments are up to speed on Open Carry? Many of you know that I am very fearful of police encounters, and though I'm sure I will do fine were that to happen, I'd rather not be inviting one, especially a highly negative one, if they're not current on laws. Does anyone OC in Troy and Clawson on a regular basis? Have you had police interaction? How'd it go?

They are both up to speed from what I know. I have OC in both police stations on sevral occations, not a single issue. You should be A-Okay! I have also OCed through-out these cities. I know of at least one other member that has OCed thought both cities as well.

God Bless

(I used to live on Maple Rd in Clawson accross the street from thunderbird)

malignity

imported post

No kidding. I'm moving to Maple and Rochester myself; right across from the park, about 6 houses down from the elementary school. :) We could have been neighbors. lol

PDinDetroit

imported post

malignity wrote:
Just down the street from me. I OC in Clawson often, but have never even seen a LEO while doing so. I believe that Clawson utilizes some of Troy's Services now, not sure if that includes LEO (I do believe that dispatch is now out of Troy).

PM me when you get there, we can meet up for Coffee at a Starbucks or something (15 and Crooks, there OCing plenty of times).

eastmeyers

imported post

Well I am in in Clawson almost daily, all the in-laws live their, and still lots of friends. So if you ever wanna go to National right their by your new house just let me know. As a matter a fact I have to sign off now because the mrs and I are headed their now.

God Bless

Michigander

imported post

I contacted the Troy Police Chief following the Boston Market incident in 09, (a Troy officer was there off duty, and didn't do anything to help or hurt, just answered deputy questions). He told me that they worked with the OCSD and educated all of the Troy officers.

I have OC'd in Troy a number of times where police saw me, never an issue. Nor have I heard of any Troy incidents from anyone.

I can't say I have any significant experience with Clawson, but I don't recall their department ever being an issue either.