• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NO WEAPONS sign at Cracker Barrel in Denham Spings

charlie12

imported post

My girlfriend went to the Cracker Barrel on LA 16 south of Denham Springs by East Over this morning.

She called and told me they had a NO WEAPONS AT THIS LOCATION sign on the window.
I guess it's time for some emails and phone calls

charlie12

imported post

This is the first I've heard of. There was one in Baton Rouge that had a sign behind the counter but it was for employees just turned the wrong way.

This one was on the front window and said, no weapons at this location. It was for the public.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

NRAMARINE wrote:
"this is the response I got.

Strange reply - how do you interpret it?

He heard it through the "grapevine" - that's my line.

Will the sign come down?

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

NRAMARINE wrote:
Not sure, I sent a reply asking that and if he meant "for our employees" I'll update if I get another response.
Maybe "by our employees."

Yata hey

LA Confederate

imported post

Plenty of speculation could be made. The last line of the response implys that firearms are allowed however I think a little clarification is warranted asking for a definitive response regarding if firearms are permitted when lawfully carried.

We-the-People

imported post

The PDF file sounded like it was written by someone for whom English is not their primary language. Maybe he's just a bad typist but that's what is sounded like to me. Definitely get better clarification.

Jack House

imported post

We-the-People wrote:
The PDF file sounded like it was written by someone for whom English is not their primary language. Maybe he's just a bad typist but that's what is sounded like to me. Definitely get better clarification.
English was butchered in that PDF. :?

AmosMoses

imported post

Here's mine...the grammar is similar, only worse (or worserer, as Cracker Barrel staff would say):

Mr. Phillips,

I am fully aware there is a grapevine about a store in that area. The sign was created for our employees. I cannot get into get into why.

While we "prefer" no one having a weapon, that was not the intent. We are in the service business and wish to have safe stores for our employees and customers.
We have " not welcomed" a law abiding customer and have never "barred" a law abiding customer from our stores.

Thanks you for taking the time to write me.

Regards,

Don

Now, let's examine that:

Mr. Phillips,

I am fully aware there is a grapevine about a store in that area. (WTF?!) The sign was created for our employees. (Why not put it behind the counter, facing back and out of the view of patrons, then?) I cannot get into get into why. (I probably couldn't understand you understand you if you did.)

While we "prefer" no one having a weapon, that was not the intent. (It was not the intent of Cracker Barrel to "prefer" no one having a weapon, or does Cracker Barrel "prefer" to not have the intent to ban weapons? If not, then does Cracker Barrel intend to not "prefer" that it is their intent to not "prefer" that you not have the intent to "prefer" to ban weapon carry? Oh, $hit! TAKE THE DAMNED SIGN DOWN!) We are in the service business and wish to have safe stores for our employees and customers. (When at Cracker Barrel, I am in the business of being served, and I do NOT mean on a silver platter to the first predator/junkie/robber/psycho/axe murderer that comes in the store behind me...which is why, of course, I take the necessary precautions). We have " not welcomed" a law abiding customer and have never "barred" a law abiding customer from our stores. (Now, REALLY...WTF?!?)

Thanks you for taking the time to write me. (Thanks you for replying!)

Regards,

Don

charlie12

imported post

I read about a no gun sign in a CB in Baton Rouge about a month ago I think on another forumand when questionedCB said it was for employees and it was just turned wrong where the public could see it.

I know some people that work at a CB and I asked about the sign and if they had one. She said yes it was for them. I went behind the counter and there it was, it was under the lotto machine where only the employees could see it.

Now this guy Don Senft is the Vice President of CB and his emails look like a CB clerk wrote them.

I still don't get what he means by this. "The sign was created for our employees."

So does that mean CB is worried about their employees safety and thinks that sign will keep about the bag guy or is the sign telling their employees not to bring a gun in?

Seems like he doesn't want to answer that.

sraacke

imported post

Saying the sign is meant for employees is crazy. Nobody pays of a lighted sign or a sticker on a window just for empolyees. That's what employee policy handbooks are for. Those books have lists of rules for employees. Things like No smoking while at work inside the store. No eating outside of the break room area. No handing out political or religious materials while at work. No carrying weapons of any type while on duty. No talking on cellphones while at work.

You don't put up a lighted sign for your employees saying No Guns. You put up a sign for customers who enter your store.

If you have a problem with employees carrying guns you make it clear that it is against the rules. You tell them when they are hired that if they bring a gun to work they are fired on the spot. No ifs, ands or buts.

I don't beleive a word that reply from CB says. I call Bovine Feces on it. BOVINE FECES Cracker Barrel. You are full of it, Cracker Barrel.