Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AB 1934 passes out of senate public safety committee

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

Senator Wright and Senator Huff (?) opposed, three statist scum voted for it. Wright had a very well thought out speech that he gave that dismissed another Senator's concerns about gang bangers carrying openly (since it is illegal), and he spoke to the issue of just because something is uncomfortable for some, doesn't allow for violating the rights of others.

Walter spoke for like ten minutes. The video should be posted to calchannel tomorrow, the 1934 discussion begins around 2 hours 25 minutes.

Another sad day for us all.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

Foregone conclusion.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

Don't tell me. Let me guess. It was a party line vote with abstentions.
    It does not take courage to change America, it takes courage to keep it.
    Ignorance of the law is an excuse for neither citizens..nor for law enforcement.
    NRA life member

Post imported post

Yeah....seems fairly obvious at this point that AB 1934 will pass unless the Governor vetos the bill. Seems unlikely that he will though.

Post imported post

The bill needs to go to the full Senate before going to the Governor's desk. We still need keep our efforts to oppose this going...Do not stop calling writing and faxing.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
    The bill needs to go to the full Senate before going to the Governor's desk. We still need keep our efforts to oppose this going...Do not stop calling writing and faxing.
    C3-

Agreed. However if I were betting the odds, I'd betAB 1934 passes. I realize the Senate has to vote on it, but considering our Senators are among the most liberal, how likely do you think it is that they won't pass it? The odds favor it passing probably 100/1

California has becomesuch a joke!

Post imported post

Don Tomas wrote:
    ConditionThree wrote:
    C3-

Agreed. However if I were betting the odds, I'd betAB 1934 passes. I realize the Senate has to vote on it, but considering our Senators are among the most liberal, how likely do you think it is that they won't pass it? The odds favor it passing probably 100/1

While theCalifornia Legislatureis a joke, it is our obligation to oppose the attack on our rights. Byperpetuating theidea that passage of this billis a foregone conclusion, we are discouraging action that could make a difference. We should not stop calling, faxing and donate --- And we must encourage others to do so as well.

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

the vote was 4-3. We had one dem swing our way.

I believe that we have a very good chance of killing the bill on the Senate floor.

We need people to Write letters and call their Senators. Visit them if you can.

We could have used more peole there today. There were only3 of us that showed up.

Post imported post

Wow, So open carry could become an offense, that really sucks. I was getting ready to buy my glock 19 and looking forward to open carry.

I wonder if it will get vetoed.

How about the radios ads that people have been posting about?

Are there any scripts? Have we raised enough to start one?

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
    Don Tomas wrote:
    ConditionThree wrote:
    C3-

While theCalifornia Legislatureis a joke, it is our obligation to oppose the attack on our rights. Byperpetuating theidea that passage of this billis a foregone conclusion, we are discouraging action that could make a difference. We should not stop calling, faxing and donate --- And we must encourage others to do so as well.
    C3-

You're right. Sorry for sounding so negative. We can't let up until it's over, regardless of the outcome. Thanks for helping me see the light.

Post imported post

Iopencarry wrote:
    the vote was 4-3. We had one dem swing our way.

I believe that we have a very good chance of killing the bill on the Senate floor.

We need people to Write letters and call their Senators. Visit them if you can.
    do this and get everyone you know to do it too

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

The video from yesterday's committee meeting is up.

https://www.calchannel.com/channel/viewVideo/1528

The AB 1934 madness begins at 2:27:00 and lasts around an hour.

Also very noteworthy in this video is at 1:18:00 where AB 2324 is being discussed. This bill will ban firearms from public buses, subways, and the facilities thereof. Both the NRA (1:21:40) and the California Rifle and Pistol Association (1:22:10) were supporting this bill, which is exactly why the NRA and the CRPA has received exactly zero support from me. This bill appears to give those relying on public transportation to travel to a gun range exactly zero options to carry a firearm.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

For the "record":

Tyrants

Gilbert Cedillo; Mark Leno; Darrell Steinberg; Loni Hancock

Patriots

Roderick Wright; Bob Huff; Dave Cogdill

I'm glad to hear that Roderick Wright didn't let Saldana get away with her racially bigotted viewpoints!
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Post imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:

I want to thank therepresentatives of following groups that made the effort tospeak in opposition to AB1934-

Bay Area Open Carry

NRA

CRPA

and the GOC

I am ashamed that I wasnt able to attend and utterly disappointed that there werent more of my countrymen and 2A advocacy groups who would simply make the effort to show up. There should have been a line out the door.

www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
    bigtoe416 wrote:

I want to thank therepresentatives of following groups that made the effort tospeak in opposition to AB1934-

Bay Area Open Carry

NRA

CRPA

and the GOC

I am ashamed that I wasnt able to attend and utterly disappointed that there werent more of my countrymen and 2A advocacy groups who would simply make the effort to show up. There should have been a line out the door.

EastBay Open Carry and NorCal Open Carry were also there.

Post imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
    For the "record":

Tyrants

Gilbert Cedillo; Mark Leno; Darrell Steinberg; Loni Hancock

Patriots

Roderick Wright; Bob Huff; Dave Cogdill

I'm glad to hear that Roderick Wright didn't let Saldana get away with her racially bigotted viewpoints!
    Glad the opposition was there to address the issues. However, I was disappointed that some of the arguments against AB1934 were very lengthy, disjointed and unnecessarly related to the topic. I would have personally liked to have heard more bullet points (so to speak) and objections that dispelled the myths. ie... no recorded OC gun crimes committed in the state (mentioned by Sen. Wright), personal feelings/opinions shouldn't dictate whether or not rights are suppressed, etc... Glad we had the debate and there were folks who spoke up against AB1934, but I wish it were more organized and better articulated that it was. Either way, I'm sure everyone's minds were already made up on howthey would votebefore the discussion even began.

I guess we'll just see where it goes from here.

Post imported post

Don, you make some good points,

however, where were you? Why didn't you make it to the hearing. It is easy to 'second guess' others when you are not there to help.

this is to everyone,.....

WE (the ones that were there) CAN NOT do this alone. WE need help and people.

The 3 of us that were there are only normal citizens. Untrained in the art of politics.

But we are willing to step up and try.

Please, write/call/fax your senators today. NOW, and Tomorrow. Meet with them face to face. Let them know how you feel.

Post imported post

Iopencarry wrote:
    Don, you make some good points,

however, where were you? Why didn't you make it to the hearing. It is easy to 'second guess' others when you are not there to help.

this is to everyone,.....

WE (the ones that were there) CAN NOT do this alone. WE need help and people.

The 3 of us that were there are only normal citizens. Untrained in the art of politics.

But we are willing to step up and try.

Please, write/call/fax your senators today. NOW, and Tomorrow. Meet with them face to face. Let them know how you feel.
    Iopencarry,

Ican't argue, you're absolutely right it is easy to second guess and I wasn't there to help. If it were possible for me to have been there, I would have gladly offered my input. I applaud you and those that were able to speak on everyone's behalf. For you're effort you get an A+. I think in the end, everyone who cast their votes walked in with their minds already made up. I don't think we lost or gained a single vote. It went down probably exactly the way it would have even without hearing the arguments for/against. Thanks again for your help on this important issue.

By the way, which person are you in the video?

Post imported post

Thank you Don,

I do respect your views and corrective help. Next mouth will be a little different for me. This was the first time speaking to agov't committee. While I was not nervous or scared, it was different then just talking with them one on one. Which I have done many times locally.

I am the one "packing heat", lol, as much as they allowed anyway...

As I said, I carry to protect my wife, my kids, and my grandkids, and myself. This bill would take that way. I will let others deal with the legal maters of 2A. That is why we have the NRA/GOA there. They are much better at it then I ever will be.

Post imported post

Hey guys, I am from AZ where we can do things like load our guns, but anyway I've got friends in SD and , well, what can I do to help?

I'd love to see this defeated, but as your reps clearly don't listen to you I'm not sure what, if anything, I might be able to do...??
    My location says I am from Sierra Vista, AZ which is where I live now but I actually lived in MO for 26 years! So please stop telling me I don't know what I'm talking about when I post in the Missouri forum!

Post imported post

Thank you for any and all help you can give.

you can ask all your friends in CA to call/write their senators, and also if at all possible,

donate to the radio ads here

http://www.opencarry.org/goldenstate.html

Post imported post

Ms. Saldana is a tyrant, and a narcissistic representative who does not side with the majority of her constituents, but rather those with whom she agrees, irregardless of sampling size.

She is the very reason I left that state, after initially enlisting to serve from the Sacramento MEPS station, and coming back from combat.

She disgusts me to the core.

Goodbye California.

May you wallow in your nation leading liberal induced debt (Thanks Gray Davis!), and choke yourself to death with your "holier than thou" system of government.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

I hate liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by PincheOgro1 View Post
    I hate liberals.
    Actually, one of 'them' (Roderick Wright) voted against AB1934 in the Safety Committee. I think you hate anti-gunners.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Here's some wishful thinking...with SCOTUS' incorporation ruling tomorrow, the CA Senate will see AB1934 as a protected right against the States and will kill the bill and get back to work on something much more meaningful like the state budget.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast