• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AB 1934 passes out of senate public safety committee

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Senator Wright and Senator Huff (?) opposed, three statist scum voted for it. Wright had a very well thought out speech that he gave that dismissed another Senator's concerns about gang bangers carrying openly (since it is illegal), and he spoke to the issue of just because something is uncomfortable for some, doesn't allow for violating the rights of others.

Walter spoke for like ten minutes. The video should be posted to calchannel tomorrow, the 1934 discussion begins around 2 hours 25 minutes.

Another sad day for us all.

Don Tomas

imported post

Yeah....seems fairly obvious at this point that AB 1934 will pass unless the Governor vetos the bill. Seems unlikely that he will though.

Don Tomas

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
The bill needs to go to the full Senate before going to the Governor's desk. We still need keep our efforts to oppose this going...Do not stop calling writing and faxing.

C3-

Agreed. However if I were betting the odds, I'd betAB 1934 passes. I realize the Senate has to vote on it, but considering our Senators are among the most liberal, how likely do you think it is that they won't pass it? The odds favor it passing probably 100/1

California has becomesuch a joke!

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Don Tomas wrote:
ConditionThree wrote:
The bill needs to go to the full Senate before going to the Governor's desk. We still need keep our efforts to oppose this going...Do not stop calling writing and faxing.

C3-

Agreed. However if I were betting the odds, I'd betAB 1934 passes. I realize the Senate has to vote on it, but considering our Senators are among the most liberal, how likely do you think it is that they won't pass it? The odds favor it passing probably 100/1

While theCalifornia Legislatureis a joke, it is our obligation to oppose the attack on our rights. Byperpetuating theidea that passage of this billis a foregone conclusion, we are discouraging action that could make a difference. We should not stop calling, faxing and donate --- And we must encourage others to do so as well.

Iopencarry

imported post

the vote was 4-3. We had one dem swing our way.

I believe that we have a very good chance of killing the bill on the Senate floor.

We need people to Write letters and call their Senators. Visit them if you can.

We could have used more peole there today. There were only3 of us that showed up.

nowaysayhey

imported post

Wow, So open carry could become an offense, that really sucks. I was getting ready to buy my glock 19 and looking forward to open carry.

I wonder if it will get vetoed.

How about the radios ads that people have been posting about?

Are there any scripts? Have we raised enough to start one?

Don Tomas

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
Don Tomas wrote:
ConditionThree wrote:

C3-

While theCalifornia Legislatureis a joke, it is our obligation to oppose the attack on our rights. Byperpetuating theidea that passage of this billis a foregone conclusion, we are discouraging action that could make a difference. We should not stop calling, faxing and donate --- And we must encourage others to do so as well.

C3-

You're right. Sorry for sounding so negative. We can't let up until it's over, regardless of the outcome. Thanks for helping me see the light.

cato

imported post

Iopencarry wrote:
the vote was 4-3. We had one dem swing our way.

I believe that we have a very good chance of killing the bill on the Senate floor.

We need people to Write letters and call their Senators. Visit them if you can.
do this and get everyone you know to do it too

bigtoe416

imported post

The video from yesterday's committee meeting is up.

https://www.calchannel.com/channel/viewVideo/1528

The AB 1934 madness begins at 2:27:00 and lasts around an hour.

Also very noteworthy in this video is at 1:18:00 where AB 2324 is being discussed. This bill will ban firearms from public buses, subways, and the facilities thereof. Both the NRA (1:21:40) and the California Rifle and Pistol Association (1:22:10) were supporting this bill, which is exactly why the NRA and the CRPA has received exactly zero support from me. This bill appears to give those relying on public transportation to travel to a gun range exactly zero options to carry a firearm.

Sons of Liberty

imported post

For the "record":

Tyrants

Gilbert Cedillo; Mark Leno; Darrell Steinberg; Loni Hancock

Patriots

Roderick Wright; Bob Huff; Dave Cogdill

I'm glad to hear that Roderick Wright didn't let Saldana get away with her racially bigotted viewpoints!

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:

I want to thank therepresentatives of following groups that made the effort tospeak in opposition to AB1934-

Bay Area Open Carry

NRA

CRPA

and the GOC

I am ashamed that I wasnt able to attend and utterly disappointed that there werent more of my countrymen and 2A advocacy groups who would simply make the effort to show up. There should have been a line out the door.

Iopencarry

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
bigtoe416 wrote:

I want to thank therepresentatives of following groups that made the effort tospeak in opposition to AB1934-

Bay Area Open Carry

NRA

CRPA

and the GOC

I am ashamed that I wasnt able to attend and utterly disappointed that there werent more of my countrymen and 2A advocacy groups who would simply make the effort to show up. There should have been a line out the door.
EastBay Open Carry and NorCal Open Carry were also there.

Don Tomas

imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
For the "record":

Tyrants

Gilbert Cedillo; Mark Leno; Darrell Steinberg; Loni Hancock

Patriots

Roderick Wright; Bob Huff; Dave Cogdill

I'm glad to hear that Roderick Wright didn't let Saldana get away with her racially bigotted viewpoints!

Glad the opposition was there to address the issues. However, I was disappointed that some of the arguments against AB1934 were very lengthy, disjointed and unnecessarly related to the topic. I would have personally liked to have heard more bullet points (so to speak) and objections that dispelled the myths. ie... no recorded OC gun crimes committed in the state (mentioned by Sen. Wright), personal feelings/opinions shouldn't dictate whether or not rights are suppressed, etc... Glad we had the debate and there were folks who spoke up against AB1934, but I wish it were more organized and better articulated that it was. Either way, I'm sure everyone's minds were already made up on howthey would votebefore the discussion even began.

I guess we'll just see where it goes from here.

Iopencarry

imported post

Don, you make some good points,

however, where were you? Why didn't you make it to the hearing. It is easy to 'second guess' others when you are not there to help.

this is to everyone,.....

WE (the ones that were there) CAN NOT do this alone. WE need help and people.

The 3 of us that were there are only normal citizens. Untrained in the art of politics.

But we are willing to step up and try.

Please, write/call/fax your senators today. NOW, and Tomorrow. Meet with them face to face. Let them know how you feel.

Don Tomas

imported post

Iopencarry wrote:
Don, you make some good points,

however, where were you? Why didn't you make it to the hearing. It is easy to 'second guess' others when you are not there to help.

this is to everyone,.....

WE (the ones that were there) CAN NOT do this alone. WE need help and people.

The 3 of us that were there are only normal citizens. Untrained in the art of politics.

But we are willing to step up and try.

Please, write/call/fax your senators today. NOW, and Tomorrow. Meet with them face to face. Let them know how you feel.
Iopencarry,

Ican't argue, you're absolutely right it is easy to second guess and I wasn't there to help. If it were possible for me to have been there, I would have gladly offered my input. I applaud you and those that were able to speak on everyone's behalf. For you're effort you get an A+. I think in the end, everyone who cast their votes walked in with their minds already made up. I don't think we lost or gained a single vote. It went down probably exactly the way it would have even without hearing the arguments for/against. Thanks again for your help on this important issue.

By the way, which person are you in the video?

Iopencarry

imported post

Thank you Don,

I do respect your views and corrective help. Next mouth will be a little different for me. This was the first time speaking to agov't committee. While I was not nervous or scared, it was different then just talking with them one on one. Which I have done many times locally.

I am the one "packing heat", lol, as much as they allowed anyway...

As I said, I carry to protect my wife, my kids, and my grandkids, and myself. This bill would take that way. I will let others deal with the legal maters of 2A. That is why we have the NRA/GOA there. They are much better at it then I ever will be.