• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Desert Eagle .50 Caliber PISTOL!

T

TWG2A

imported post

This baby is quite unique. The Desert Eagle .50 cal. is one of the largest (if not the largest) magazine-fed handguns in the world. Developed for use in the Israel’s military, the .50 caliber projectile packs a massive punch that will tear apart any human target. The gun looks incredibly modern and “sexy” (as some would describe it). The Desert Eagle brand, although they create a multitude of other pistols, has become synonymous to meaning “fifty caliber handgun,” and when a person refers to a “Dezzy” you can bet they mean the .50 cal

groovedrummer

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
Welcome to like 1988...
hhahaha I was gonna say the same thing!

thats like how in the last year or two I kept hearing "WOOOOOWW have you seen the new Barrett semi auto .50bmg???"

I cant help but laugh.

that damn rifle has been around sense the late 80s

zack991

imported post

I think they are just ungodly in size, and just are a ugly weapon. That is my opine.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

The thought behind the .50 EA Desert Eagle was for helicopter pilots and tank operators as a support position, and was intended to be bench fired.

If you have ever wielded one of those things... they are the epitome of the term "hand cannon." They weigh roughly 8lbs loaded and have tremendous recoil. There is no way in god's green earth that you can repeat rounds accurately on a target with the .50 EA. I don't care if you are 10' tall and 400lbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFJjaj7pXsA

But yeah they are a great conversation piece/safe queen.

balackolama

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
The thought behind the .50 EA Desert Eagle was for helicopter pilots and tank operators as a support position, and was intended to be bench fired.

If you have ever wielded one of those things... they are the epitome of the term "hand cannon." They weigh roughly 8lbs loaded and have tremendous recoil. There is no way in god's green earth that you can repeat rounds accurately on a target with the .50 EA. I don't care if you are 10' tall and 400lbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFJjaj7pXsA

But yeah they are a great conversation piece/safe queen.

did you notice the nice grass and fountain?

is ita special shooting country club?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

balackolama wrote:
that ammo is pricey same as that 460 rowland kit i was looking at
+1

Desert Eagle is not a new thing... As another poster said, welcome to 1988.

.460 Rowland is much more sane. Either way, unless you're independently wealthy, you'll have to load your own if you want ammo.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
They are the epitome of the term "hand cannon."
No, they aren't.

Contender, 10" barrel, .45-70 Government, 500 grain slug, Pyrodex...

THAT is a hand cannon.

.50 AE is for braggarts trying to impress people who don't know anything. The blind leading the blind...

daddy4count

imported post

Big yes, but I think they are stunningly beautiful weapons. I would love a Baby Eagle in .45ACP some day... please?

Years ago I frequented a shooting range where one regular customer was a woman, not a large woman either, who would show up twice a week and put two boxes through her DE .50

Even with ear protection it turns heads!

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

Screw it....

sus3s.jpg

ecocks

imported post

Re: DE - I agree they are beautiful weapons but also that they'll largely end up closet queens.

Re: The Sebu - Saw one of these yesterday at the gun store where I was buying a Mossberg 590SP. Cute, but seems useful for little else than HD or maybe in backwoods.

tletourneau

imported post

I have one and fire it every time I go to the range (two to three time a month). It's a fun gun to shoot, very accurate and reliable as long as it's held correctly.

As far as the people that think it's just for people to brag and impress others, well maybe, it certianly can be a conversation pice.But it's still fun as heck to shoot and the pressure wave that come off the thing it impressive. :)

Last edited:

Don Barnett

imported post

I agree with some of the posts that the thing is more of a conversation piece, kind of like the Smith and Wesson .500, but to each his own. I have nothing against them but just don't want to own one.

If you enjoy shooting these things for longperiods of time, more power to you.

A while back, I had a friend who was into gunsmithing as a hobby. Hebuilt a .458 Winchester Magnumcustom riflethat was about the size of a Remington Model 7.The only use he got out of it was to take it to the range and laugh when others shot the thing. I did once; that was enough.