Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: You are invited

  1. #1
    Regular Member cowboyridn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    436

    Post imported post

    You are invited to:





    A





    OPEN CARRY PICNIC

    IN





    BARABOO






    Location: Haskins Park






    I reserved the Picnic Area for:

    Saturday September 25th 2010






    The fun start’s @ 12:00 noon -> until ???

    Burgers, Buns, Condiments & Soda will be supplied
    Please bring a Dish to pass if you feel like it
    ,
    or drop a few $ bucks $ in the food donation jar, if you like.

    I only have a few chairs so, Bring your own lawn chairs
    Open Carry is legal at Haskins Park.



    NO Alcohol like normal at OC fest






    IF IT RAIN’S, WE STILL CARRY, NO CANCELING





  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348

    Post imported post

    cowboyridn wrote:
    You are invited to:




    A




    OPEN CARRY PICNIC

    IN




    BARABOO





    Location: Haskins Park





    I reserved the Picnic Area for:

    Saturday September 25th 2010





    The fun start’s @ 12:00 noon -> until ???

    Burgers, Buns, Condiments & Soda will be supplied
    Please bring a Dish to pass if you feel like it
    ,
    or drop a few $ bucks $ in the food donation jar, if you like.

    I only have a few chairs so, Bring your own lawn chairs
    Open Carry is legal at Haskins Park.



    NO Alcohol like normal at OC fest





    IF IT RAIN’S, IT'S CANCELED



    lol, your funny. you basically copied my party notice..looks good !! I can't make it I have a wedding that day.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    3

    Post imported post

    If it's not broke don't fix it works for me, see ya this weekend

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348

    Post imported post

    LOERetired wrote:
    If it's not broke don't fix it works for me, see ya this weekend
    I agree & yes you will
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  5. #5
    Regular Member cowboyridn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    436

    Post imported post

    I don't know how it happened but when I use my iphone to post here I was posting under LEOretired. I did not make up that profile on here, and have no idea where my iphone got it from. So, I was the one that posted the last comment about it not being broken Glock34.

    Don

  6. #6
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187

    Post imported post

    I was bummin that you did not get the park in July, then it hit me. Vacation season will be winding down, so I think more local Baraboo residents can make it.

    I sure hope we have the McDonald decision by then. Rumor is by the end of June, before they recess for the summer (I think).

  7. #7
    Regular Member davegran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,565

    Post imported post

    BROKENSPROKET wrote:
    ....
    I sure hope we have the McDonald decision by then. Rumor is by the end of June, before they recess for the summer (I think).
    Last I heard it was going to be in August.

    Dave

    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

    WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

    Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

  8. #8
    Regular Member johnny amish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    High altitude of Vernon County, ,
    Posts
    1,025

    Post imported post

    A picnic in september sounds great. We have time to spread the word.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox


    We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

  9. #9
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047

    Post imported post

    davegran wrote:
    BROKENSPROKET wrote:
    ....
    I sure hope we have the McDonald decision by then. Rumor is by the end of June, before they recess for the summer (I think).
    Last I heard it was going to be in August.

    Dave
    They are closed in July, August and September. I would guess either tomorrow or Monday. Those are the 2 days left this term for decisions.

  10. #10
    McX
    Guest

    Post imported post

    bender bump

  11. #11
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyridn View Post

    IF IT RAIN'S, WE STILL CARRY, NO CANCELING

    RAIN or SHINE, I will be there.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Cobra469's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Allis, WI, , USA
    Posts
    218

    Cool

    Can somebody post the address or Coordinates for Haskin Park? Not familiar with Baraboo and it makes it easier for everybody out of town to calculate distance/directions.

  13. #13
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187

    I just use Goolge Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra469 View Post
    Can somebody post the address or Coordinates for Haskin Park? Not familiar with Baraboo and it makes it easier for everybody out of town to calculate distance/directions.
    It is really easy to find.

    OK. I did the homework

    43*28'15N
    89*45'38W
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 06-28-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: GPS not broke, just a typo. Fixed now.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Lurchiron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Shawano,WI.
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    It is really easy to find.

    OK. I did the homework

    45*28'15N
    89*45'38W
    I think your GPS is broke, as those coordinates are no where near Baraboo; but rather the town of Gleason which is between Merrill & Antigo.

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,709
    Haskins Park GPS Coordinates

    4328'13.96"N
    8945'38.08"W

  16. #16
    Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,709
    September 25, boys and girls. I agree with BrokenSproket, if we can get the organizer to state he will hold the event regardless the weather, I will make a facebook thread and send out statewide invites.

    Are we still goods to go with this?

  17. #17
    McX
    Guest
    hmm, i must speak with springfield, to see if he's going.

  18. #18
    Regular Member cowboyridn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by bnhcomputing View Post
    September 25, boys and girls. I agree with BrokenSproket, if we can get the organizer to state he will hold the event regardless the weather, I will make a facebook thread and send out statewide invites.

    Are we still goods to go with this?
    Yes it is a go even if it rains

    Don

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Baraboo
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyridn View Post
    Yes it is a go even if it rains

    Don
    Count me in!! I haven't open carried since moving up from Ohio back in 2004. OC walks worked well to help get CCW passed in Ohio

    R

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Baraboo
    Posts
    2

    Thumbs up word is being passed on

    I sent an email out to my 20 or so area contacts letting them know about the picnic

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193
    Very good! Welcome to OCDO-WI.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Baraboo
    Posts
    2
    after the BNR story you may end up with more people than you thought, donations from me will be a taco salad dip with chips from the girlfriend, i will kick in a 3lbs of hamburger, 2 pack of buns, and a 24 pack of MT Dew in an ice cooler.


    tim

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •