• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How do you tell an OCer from an Assassin?

swine

imported post

Below is a list of well known assassins. Some of you might say, “Wow! I sympathize with some of those guys.” Such as the ones who tried to kill Hitler. Come to think of it, since Hitler himself killed the leader of the Third Reich (i.e. himself), was he an assassin?

Anyway…..people who openly carry are indistinguishable – physically indistinguishable – from assassins. We who do not carry cannot be assassins because we don’t have the tools for it. We might be inclined to be assassins, but we are non-functioning ones until or unless we strap on a gun. Open carriers, on the other hand, are at least potential assassins in the blink of an eye and a dark turn of mind.

That’s what makes OC so scary. Very few Open Carriers have anything but benign self defense in mind behind packing a gat, but how do you know which is which, and who is who? Since most people don’t openly carry (less than 10% of us certainly and probably less than 5%), the safest assumption when encountering a man with a gun, regardless of its statistical rationale, is to assume the worst, i.e. that he’s bent on mayhem and you’d better get the hell out of his way

There was a tale on the internet about a guy with a gun (in a holster) standing in line for a money order. The guy behind him asked him if he was a police officer. The gun guy said he wasn’t. The guy behind continued to stare at him and his gun. The guy with the gun finally turned around and said to the guy behind, “Are we good?” The conversation stopped and the guy behind departed to do his banking another day. The guy with the gun said he didn’t intend to intimidate anyone but he had a right to ‘carry’ and people who don’t understand that need to ‘read up on it’ and find out what their rights are, which he has an obligation to defend.

Well maybe he’s right but meanwhile people he encounters in his daily life are going to be ‘intimidated’ by him, so he better think about that. It is not unreasonable to imagine the scenario working out slightly differently: After the guy with the gun turns around to say, “Are we good?”,the guy behind might say something like, “Ok, ok!” and shuts up; then when the gun guy turns back around, the guy behind might quietly slip his belt out of his pants and make a garrote out of it and strangle the SOB, at least enough to take his gun away from him and dispose of it as a ‘public danger’. Could happen and probably has.

So, anyway, back to the question: How do you distinguish an OCer from an assassin, unless you know him? Here’s the list: (Oh, and PS – since ‘don’t feed the troll’ is the mantra around here, with luck, this will be the only post on this thread. Let’s see what happens – swine).

Haz.

imported post

swine wrote:
Below is a list of well known assassins. Some of you might say, “Wow! I sympathize with some of those guys.” Such as the ones who tried to kill Hitler. Come to think of it, since Hitler himself killed the leader of the Third Reich (i.e. himself), was he an assassin?

Anyway…..people who openly carry are indistinguishable – physically indistinguishable – from assassins. We who do not carry cannot be assassins because we don’t have the tools for it. We might be inclined to be assassins, but we are non-functioning ones until or unless we strap on a gun. Open carriers, on the other hand, are at least potential assassins in the blink of an eye and a dark turn of mind.

That’s what makes OC so scary. Very few Open Carriers have anything but benign self defense in mind behind packing a gat, but how do you know which is which, and who is who? Since most people don’t openly carry (less than 10% of us certainly and probably less than 5%), the safest assumption when encountering a man with a gun, regardless of its statistical rationale, is to assume the worst, i.e. that he’s bent on mayhem and you’d better get the hell out of his way

There was a tale on the internet about a guy with a gun (in a holster) standing in line for a money order. The guy behind him asked him if he was a police officer. The gun guy said he wasn’t. The guy behind continued to stare at him and his gun. The guy with the gun finally turned around and said to the guy behind, “Are we good?” The conversation stopped and the guy behind departed to do his banking another day. The guy with the gun said he didn’t intend to intimidate anyone but he had a right to ‘carry’ and people who don’t understand that need to ‘read up on it’ and find out what their rights are, which he has an obligation to defend.

Well maybe he’s right but meanwhile people he encounters in his daily life are going to be ‘intimidated’ by him, so he better think about that. It is not unreasonable to imagine the scenario working out slightly differently: After the guy with the gun turns around to say, “Are we good?”,the guy behind might say something like, “Ok, ok!” and shuts up; then when the gun guy turns back around, the guy behind might quietly slip his belt out of his pants and make a garrote out of it and strangle the SOB, at least enough to take his gun away from him and dispose of it as a ‘public danger’. Could happen and probably has.

So, anyway, back to the question: How do you distinguish an OCer from an assassin, unless you know him? Here’s the list: (Oh, and PS – since ‘don’t feed the troll’ is the mantra around here, with luck, this will be the only post on this thread. Let’s see what happens – swine).

Sadly as far as putting up with ones own smell goes swine is only in shock for about the first or maybe the second post. After that he gets used tohis own smellvery quickly. Thats why swine can post a full newspaper or magazines worth of rubbish whilst enduring hisown smell and not even notice it.Mind you the first person with more than10 cents in their emotional bank account,that readsswines posts will think they have been smacked in the head with a poo-bat. Swine your attempt at fame is a failure. You cannot put fame on the end of a plunger and unblock ash*tter with it, so your wasting your time here.

Haz.

imported post

buster81 wrote:
How do we tell the difference between swine and the next John Wayne Gacy? Or is Jeffrey Dahmer more your style?
Mate, swine is not a fish out of water here, he is a Dolfin in the desert. What hefails torealise is the simple fact that life is about small victories, the rest is just a distraction. Poor swine is the Dalai-Lama of Waste Management, eternally optomistic and always ready to put himself before others!

1245A Defender

imported post

‘don’t feed the troll’ is the mantra around here, with luck, this will be the only post on this thread.

please take that as good advice from swine himself.
if folks stop wasting our time replying to him,
he will not waste as much of our time typing more nonsense.

Dreamer

imported post

Swine, you missed one VERY important detail...

EVERY single "assassin" you listed transported their firearm to the scene of their crime CONCEALED!!!!!

For instance:

Von Stauffenberg's bomb was disguised as a regular briefcase, and therefore could be considered "concealed". (actually you list several assassins that used bombs, inclusing this one and Mountbattan's assassin, which have NOTHING to do with carrying firearms in any manner. I call SHENANIGANS on those ones...)

Oswald transported his rifle to the TSBD wrapped in a blanket, and allegedly fired from a concealed position, and then allegedly removed the rifle from the building wrapped in the same blanket--CONCEALED...

The assassins of Lincoln, Garfield, Ghandi, and the attempted assassins of Ford, Reagan, and John Paul II all were reported to have "reached into their coats" and drawn a pistol.

Therefore there is a VERY simple way to distinguish an OCer from an assassin:

If you can see the firearm in a holster in plain view, the person is almost certainly NOT an assassin...

If someone is carrying concealed, now we've got a different argument altogether...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

fully_armed_biker

imported post

Theatrics of the absurd! :banghead:

Using this moron's logic....we need to round up and lock up every woman in the world...because they might not be prostitutes; but, they are equipped to be and could be...while we're at it, we better not take any chances, round up every man because they are equipped to be rapists and could be....there you go...feel safer? Didn't think so...

We also need to lock up...or at least banish, any person over a certain size because they might be intimidating to others...I'm over 6'...240lbs...fairly muscular build...all dressed up in jeans and biker leather...I've been told I'm a pretty imposing or intimidating figure BEFORE a gun is strapped tomy hip.

It never ceases to amaze me how these idiots are grasping for straws...and so willing to allow themselves to be enslaved to a government that has shown over and over that it is willing to step over its bounds because, "They know what's best for you and I." The plain and simple fact of the matter is their political philosophyABSOLUTELY REQUIREShaving a victim class to justify their own existence...and the dumb (m)asses eat it up!!!

...and your premise that "we who do not carry cannot be assassins..." is just dead wrong! Plenty of assassins through out history have used their bare hands, knives, poisons, etc... These morons reasonings just get more and more absurd....you just can't fix stupid!!!

eye95

imported post

The question is basically the same one LEOs use to justify harassing OCers.

How can I tell the difference between a GG and a BG.

The answer is so elementary that it is amazing that the question keeps getting asked: BGs operate in two modes: concealed carry and brandishing. If someone is acting openly, honestly, and safely, while wearing a properly holstered handgun, he is a GG.

Nothing more needs to be said to rationally answer the troll's question, so I am out.

Moving on.

balackolama

imported post

this is a open carryer

this is a assasin

kids_with_guns_2.jpg

and this guy

matrixB1024X768.jpg

Ruby

Why are you all feeding the troll?!? His post has nothing to do with reality
and he didn't really want an answer, he just wanted to troll.:banghead:

B

Bikenut

All that happened with the original post was a Leftist elitist took the scary concept of assassins and compared it to OC in an effort to make anyone who OC's appear to be suspected assassins.

The Left really is "transparent" with their childish emotional tactics. What I find worthy of pity is those who employ such tactics actually think they are so very clever, so intelligent, so very superior, that folks would buy into those tactics.

Silly children.....

1245A Defender

this thread has been dead for over a month!

no need for a resurrection!

if you go back and study SWINES post in multiple threads you would know who he is,and what he stud for.
none of that is worth your time, i know!!!

The Expert

I wish that fully 10-20% of the population carried openly. It would only be a short while before this irrational nonsense faded into the dust.

Oh sure. It would be resurrected by the sheep every now and then as a verbal expression of their life of fear, but it would be a lot less than it is now.