• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

carrying at work

jkm

imported post

has the law been passed in michigan that a person with the right permits can bring his gun to work and leave it locked in a trunk gun safe and can not be fired from his job because work does not allow it

PDinDetroit

imported post

Here is what I got back from my email to the main sponsor of the bill:

Unfortunately it looks like House leadership has killed this bill and that it is not going anywhere at this time. Speaker Dillon would control whether it can come up for a vote, but is right now opposed.

Respectfully in Service,

Paul Opsommer's Office State Representative, 93rd District

malignity

imported post

Just remember, Michigan is an 'at will' state meaning that if they find out you're carrying at work, they can fire you because they don't like the color of your tie.

Personally, this law means absolutely nothing to me. My employer will never find out my gun is in my car, regardless of what the law is, because I know if they do, I'll get fired for something stupid like that. My job is absolutely notorious for this.

kyleplusitunes

imported post

yep, the only two people who should know you are carrying at work is your and jesus. that being said, if one was legally able to conceal, well and comfortably at work, I know I would. Who knows, one day you might save your bosses life and then they'll change the firearms policy.

sasha601

imported post

Right now House and all House Committees in Michigan Legislature are controlled by Democrats. I think it will change hands this fall. Senate is already in Republican's hands and margin will get wider, I hope. Governor will also be Republican. I think after this November a lot of gun friendly Bills will go through, including right to store pistol in the car in employer parking lot.

SlowDog

imported post

Well, for what it's worth. I'd carry a small 357 or 38spl+p hammerless in my pocket and never say anything to anyone. But that wouldn't effect any of my employee's cuzz I am a PRO-CARRY employeer.:lol:

malignity

Well, for what it's worth. I'd carry a small 357 or 38spl+p hammerless in my pocket and never say anything to anyone. But that wouldn't effect any of my employee's cuzz I am a PRO-CARRY employeer.:lol:

What kind of company do you have? Are you hiring?

i may in fact be serious, depending on your answer. :)