• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going into the lion's den tomorrow...

Metalhead47

imported post

...and of course the bloody forum will be down.:banghead:

Anyways, Thursday morning I have to schlep my trailer up to Bellingham to get a VIN assigned by the State Patrol so I can make all nice & legalized. Should be a nice day, so of course I'll be OCing and I'm slightly nervous :shock:. Never had a cop encounter yet (actually I've had extremely few "encounters" as all, as it should be). I've heard the WSP are on the up & up as far as OC, but I still gotta wonder what kind of reaction I'll get (if I even get one) going right into their "turf."

So, um, wish me luck? Or bail money? :?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

WSP is one of the best. Two encounters I have had with them that come to mind.

First, pulled over for speeding on I-5 I had my Sig on the passenger seat in plain view loaded. The officer approaced from the passenger side and I pointed out the firearm so he wouldn't be surprised. He simply said, "you aren't going to use it on me are you?" I said "no" and after a warning he asked if I always carried and I said yes, and he said that he didn't blame me.

Second, at the state capital in Olympia....Deros and myself were in contact with WSP and they have no issues with 'us' the ocdo crowd....

CIMG0012.jpg

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

+1 to what gogodawgs said.

Of any single agency in the state, would I be able to choose to be put in close proximity with while OCing, it would be WSP. If you think about it, most LEO's will know the in's-and-out's of what situations they deal with the most. Inner-city cops who deal with gangs, drug sales,and domestic violence will know the most about those types of situations and be very familiar with how to react, etc... Sheriff's may deal with more property issues, drug manufacturing, etc... will be most familiar with them.

The WSP deals with the highways and freeways, and everything that comes along with them, guns being high on the list. Individual troopers are more likely to know the specifics of gun possession laws than some of the smaller police agencies that do not deal with guns on a daily basis. That is why you get the "Well, you're not going to use it on me, right?"---questions from WSP, when you get the "I'll be holding onto this 'for officer safety'" drill from PD's. I'm speaking in generals now, and there will be exceptions to the rule, but I really don't think you'll have any issues, whatsoever.

Nosrac

imported post

I have to agree about the WSP. I was pulled over on I-5. He looked at my Hornady baseball cap that was laying on the passenger seat and asked if I had firearms in the car. Well, one on my hip, a packed full range bag on the back seat. The firearms were a non issue but unfortunately my speeding was.:shock:

Metalhead47

imported post

LOL well that turned out to be even less than a non-event. I was only out of the truck for about 5 minutes at the very end, and the WSP guy was behind a window counter, so if he saw it at all it was as I was walking away. Stopped at Lowes & micky-D's as well, not so much as a funny look all day. :dude:

SaintJacque

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
LOL well that turned out to be even less than a non-event. I was only out of the truck for about 5 minutes at the very end, and the WSP guy was behind a window counter, so if he saw it at all it was as I was walking away. Stopped at Lowes & micky-D's as well, not so much as a funny look all day. :dude:
As it should be. I know events often turn out much less controversially than I imagine them in my mind before hand. :D