• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Neighbor Say's "Firearms OK!"

Sam

imported post

We had a new neighbor move in across the street. (Darn! I wanted to buy that house in a year or 5) They have children our age. ^_^ We introduced ourselves a couple of weeks ago and our kids have been playing together ever since.
My gf has been over more than I have. Not knowing their views on guns I always unloaded and locked up my pistol in the car before going over. Well the last time we were standing in their yard chatting a car driving recklessly pulled into the grass next door to my house. A man emerged and started yelling at the house for someone to come out so he could, well, let's just say he didn't want to hug him.
At this point I walked calmly over to my car which was 10 feet from where the man and who I later found out was his mother holding him back were standing. Where they could not see I put my .45 in condition 1, put my shirt over it and walked back across the street. After all was done and the stranger left I decided I needed to have the talk with my neighbor.
Turns out he is OK with firearms! He even has one himself. He did ask me to conceal on his property because his wife is afraid of them. Her ex unloaded in her direction once, while she was pregnant. =(
I then explained to him that before that night I never carried on your property because I didn't have your permission. But understand I didn't grab my gun because I'm a hero. That guy could have beat up whoever he wanted, it's none of my business and I'm sure someone would call the cops. But if he would have pulled out a gun from his car and started firing in the direction of my home and my sleeping children I would have put him down.
My neighbor thanked me for being upfront with him and expressed he was glad I had a "good head on your shoulders, you're not just a p**** with a gun in his hand" (It turns out he likes the movie Shooter)

Just felt like sharing. ^_^
Peace.