Thread: OT- I need a new SS card so i can get state ID

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

Alright, so i went to the SoS a while back to get my state ID, so i can get a purchase permit. Well i only have a copy of my SS card and apparently i need a new card. Well i have absolutely no friggin idea how to go about getting one. Do i need my Birth Cert...etc? I know you go to the SS office, but i dont know what i need to bring with me. I do NOT want to run back and forth from the SS office to my house all day. Also, anyone know exactly what i need for state ID, besides my SS card, Birth cert, and Picture ID??....All, if any, help is appreciated.

Thanks a million
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

(psst... call them and ask... )
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

Current SS card/copy (no matter what shape it's in), birth cert. and at least one bill with your current address on it...i.e.... consumers, phone, cable...etc.
    Go to SS office and get a new card.

Post imported post

malignity wrote:
    (psst... call them and ask... )
    Doh!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I got my replacement SS card with my passport. Worked great.

Without a passport they require a good number of things for proof of ID.

Post imported post

Or, you could have headed across the border, denounce your U.S. citizenship, applied to be a citizen of another country, and then came back illegally
    Rand Paul 2016

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Post imported post

The quickest way to get your SS card replaced is to go to a SS office. There's one in Dearborn that I know of. There may be one closer to you ABWG. Now the issue is are you going to have the ID they need for them to be able to give you a replacement card. Birth Certificate, some form of picture ID (school ID along with a yearbook photo maybe in your case etc...). You'll talk to a agent/rep. once approved they will mail it to you, usually takes about a week to ten days to get. I know you know this but there's always one in every crowd so: SS offices are FEDERAL FACILITIES, no weapons period not even in their parking lot.

Links to PDFs with all the info you need (save your cell minutes...you'll save a lot trust me..been there done that.)

http://www.ssa.gov/online/ss-5.pdf

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/so...8_222146_7.pdf
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Post imported post

In a situation when seconds count-The police will be there in minutes.

Post imported post

Yooper wrote:
    Or, you could have headed across the border, denounce your U.S. citizenship, applied to be a citizen of another country, and then came back illegally
    probably easier to find a job that way, too.

People who renounce their citizenship can't purchase firearms.
    http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/115645.pdf (Bottom of page 7 and top of page 8)
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

I have everything i need to get my SS card, then, once i have my SS card i can get state ID, then once i have state ID, i can take the exam and get my purchase permit....sheesh, so much work just to own a gun....

Quote Originally Posted by American Boy With a Gun View Post
    I have everything i need to get my SS card, then, once i have my SS card i can get state ID, then once i have state ID, i can take the exam and get my purchase permit....sheesh, so much work just to own a gun....
    Yeah and they for some reason don't see it as INFRINGMENT ?????????

Just out of curiosity....why no driver's license?

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Just out of curiosity....why no driver's license?

Bronson

Umm, good point....i guess because i just plan on getting my ID, then getting my permit, then taking the road test. Im far from the best driver and could really use a bit of practice. I dont need to know how to drive in order to get state ID

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

ID laws

I just got my PP Card so the DL is relegated to the Lastwagenvorlagenpapiere folder, registration, insurance card and, now, drivers license.