• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT- I need a new SS card so i can get state ID

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

Alright, so i went to the SoS a while back to get my state ID, so i can get a purchase permit. Well i only have a copy of my SS card and apparently i need a new card. Well i have absolutely no friggin idea how to go about getting one. Do i need my Birth Cert...etc? I know you go to the SS office, but i dont know what i need to bring with me. I do NOT want to run back and forth from the SS office to my house all day. Also, anyone know exactly what i need for state ID, besides my SS card, Birth cert, and Picture ID??....All, if any, help is appreciated.

Thanks a million :)

WARCHILD

imported post

Current SS card/copy (no matter what shape it's in), birth cert. and at least one bill with your current address on it...i.e.... consumers, phone, cable...etc.
Go to SS office and get a new card.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The quickest way to get your SS card replaced is to go to a SS office. There's one in Dearborn that I know of. There may be one closer to you ABWG. Now the issue is are you going to have the ID they need for them to be able to give you a replacement card. Birth Certificate, some form of picture ID (school ID along with a yearbook photo maybe in your case etc...). You'll talk to a agent/rep. once approved they will mail it to you, usually takes about a week to ten days to get. I know you know this but there's always one in every crowd so: SS offices are FEDERAL FACILITIES, no weapons period not even in their parking lot. ;)

Links to PDFs with all the info you need (save your cell minutes...you'll save a lot trust me..been there done that.)

http://www.ssa.gov/online/ss-5.pdf

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/sos/Applying_for_lic_or_ID_SOS_428_222146_7.pdf

American Boy With a Gun

I have everything i need to get my SS card, then, once i have my SS card i can get state ID, then once i have state ID, i can take the exam and get my purchase permit....sheesh, so much work just to own a gun....