• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Increasingly clear

ecocks

imported post

Guys, I willjust say this one time unless we get a discussion going.

Please get out there and help the Pro-2A and conservative candidates. In the Ada and Canyon countyarea Raul Labrador is looking for volunteers and good signage locations. The state offices are almost as critical since it is clear the Federal government is out of control and will be testing our firearms laws, healthcare and immigration resolves in the remainder of the President's term.

Mr.Labrador expects to attend our August meeting. We could also use some help on getting a good setup for that event.

Consider carefully the price of doing nothing as we watch the continuing erosion of our country.

What a country we have after a year and a half of the present administration and Democratic control of both houses of Congress. Ecological disaster going unchecked, wars without coherent direction, countries suing government over our own laws, economic crisis continuing unabated, completely disaffected military, irrational taxation, skyrocketing debt, unsecured borders, the list goes on. Soon we'll be a third-world country complete with economic, political, military and social turmoil and chaos.

Why, we'll be just like Kenya.......

DCR

imported post

While I respect your right to support Mr. Labrador over Mr. Minnick, and although you loosely tied the post to RKBA, Rule #2 of this board is no politics. Please advocate for your candidate in another forum.

ecocks

imported post

DCR wrote:
While I respect your right to support Mr. Labrador over Mr. Minnick, and although you loosely tied the post to RKBA, Rule #2 of this board is no politics. Please advocate for your candidate in another forum.

I am not advocating forMY candidate, just pointing out IN ONE SENTENCE an example of the needs of one of the Conservative Republicans with an A-rating from the NRA who will be meeting with us in August.Nothing was said regarding his specific platform or in any way badmouthing YOUR candidate. I then pointed out the importance of the state races as well along with the need for the Boise group to get together and work on getting ready for that August meeting.

By all means instead of being pissy I'd think it would have beengreat if you had posted a comment that the Minnick campaign is looking for people too.

If I broke a ToS rule, I'm sure one of the mods will let me know.

DCR

imported post

No ire here - based on the posts I've read, ecocks and I agree on too many issues in the RKBA realm to be considered to have gotten crosswise with each other on this issue.

I just don't think this forum is appropriate to advocate for one political bent, one political party or one candidate over another because this is an OC site, the rules prohibit it, and it isn't strictly moderated enough for the mods to notice every little post.

BTW - I'm not affiliated with the Minnick campaign and have no idea whether he needs volunteers or is actively supporting RKBA issues, other than there was a flap about whether the D+ NRA rating he received was deserved because of assumptions the NRA made from his responses to its questionnaire. I'm an NRA lifer, and know all too well that it isn't an infallible judge of character or politics.

I am an independent who refuses to vote for anybody simply because they have been labeled "conservative" or "Republican." Though RKBA is my biggest litmus test, I value individual freedom and social policies and platforms consistent with what I believe in every bit as much. As a former state government employee who worked closely with both legislative and executive elected officials, I've seen blind partisanship prevail over logic and reason, and who I perceive to be relative idiots getting elected over experienced, thoughtful and open-minded candidates too many times over the last few decades, and reject outright the notion that simply because someone calls himself "conservative," "Republican" or touts their NRA rating that they are the best-qualified to represent my interests or those of the people of the state of Idaho.

While I'm sure Mr. Labrador supports OC and RKBA issues, and want to learn more about both candidates - I may well vote for Labrador if I find his positions on these, and many other issues, align with mine - for the reasons above, I was only questioning whether this board is the appropriate forum to be requesting volunteers for a specific candidate's campaign. I mean no disrespect to him, or ecocks whatsoever - I just think the discussion should be held elsewhere.

Mea culpa if I also broke the rule.

I'm in West Boise, carracer.