Thread: Remember, Guns are BAD!

Post imported post

But remember: Citizens don't need firearms for self-defense. He should have just called the police.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-col...omments-submit

and also remember, while the police take 15min to an hour to show up, that bear will just sit there and wait for them to show up instead of eating you

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	firearms-bear-camera-demotivational-posters.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	3350

The exact reason I always carry loaded firearms!

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    An unloaded firearm is just a really costly hunk of medal made to throw at the bad guys

Quote Originally Posted by canadian View Post
    But remember: Citizens don't need firearms for self-defense. He should have just called the police.
    If so, one needs a recording for 911 that's activated by a "panic button" that goes something like this:

"911 operator, if you're hearing this message I've been attacked, either in my home, at 123 Main St., or somewhere possibly near my car (unless that's now been stolen). Regardless, if you're hearing this, I'm either incapacitated or already dead, so please send help! Police would be great, but I realize it'll take them an average of 8 minutes to respond. Paramedics and/or an ambulance would be nice, as well. Regardless, you may have to send the coroner, too. I'd also like a reporter to investigate my demise. It may be because I either choose not to carry a firearm for self-defense, or am no longer allowed to carry one. Regardless, please send my condolences on my demise to my friends and family, and tell them I am sorry I forfeited my right to keep and bear arms."
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I'm just shocked he even had a handgun. I just hope his PAL and Restricted Firearms permit was up to date and his Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course certificate was good. I'm glad he survived but I hope next time he takes something with a longer barrel, more powerful round and doesn't rely on a warning shot. Generally those are just considered wasted ammunition. If mama Bear had been really serious that warning shot would have been the last sound he ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    I wasn't aware that handguns were legal for Canadians to own.

I ALWAYS carry at least one handgun in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by noname762 View Post
    I wasn't aware that handguns were legal for Canadians to own.

I ALWAYS carry at least one handgun in the woods.
    Legal. But can never seen any action outside the range. We even need a form from our Chief firearms officer just to transport them from our home, to the range, gun shop, ect. But yes we can own handguns with barrels over 105mm.