• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

funny experience carrying

sslade6751

imported post

so today I had free tickets to a premier of "grown ups" at the palms,

so im carrying my glock 23 concealed in my crossbreed supertuck in the 4 o'clock position and i see ushers wanding people's with metal detectors and im thinking oh crap here comes a scene but they did not pick anything up on me but they did catch someones vid camera andsecurity detained him (not just took his camera or turned him away) aperently its a felony to record a movie and watch it in bad quality and that is considred more important to stop then a weapon (wich im glad)

sslade6751

imported post

im guessing the wand senstivity was turned down

but I was like you have to be kidding

jpa

imported post

went to a concert at MGM Grand Garden. Of course they have the metal detectors on. I start thinking of how I'm going to explain the J-frame in my pants (I'm happy to see you...?) and of course it goes off. Then the security people waved me right on through. I was thinking...WTF??? I had no idea what the point of the metal detectors was at that point.

AnakinsKid

imported post

jpa wrote:
went to a concert at MGM Grand Garden. Of course they have the metal detectors on. I start thinking of how I'm going to explain the J-frame in my pants (I'm happy to see you...?) and of course it goes off. Then the security people waved me right on through. I was thinking...WTF??? I had no idea what the point of the metal detectors was at that point.
And my tool bag set it off when I went to repair an ATM inside the arena. But since they let me through without wanding, they didn't find the 1911 on my hip.

Sheep like to FEEL safe. Regardless of whether they actually are. For all we know, the metal detectors could be fakes that beep at random people. It'd be cheaper, and just as effective, considering how they're being operated.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
imported post

AnakinsKid wrote:
jpa wrote:
And my tool bag set it off when I went to repair an ATM inside the arena. But since they let me through without wanding, they didn't find the 1911 on my hip.

Sheep like to FEEL safe. Regardless of whether they actually are. For all we know, the metal detectors could be fakes that beep at random people. It'd be cheaper, and just as effective, considering how they're being operated.
Alternate possibility: the better detector systems are selective enough to identify cameras. Both of these were no-cameras events.