• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

shoulder bag carry

fubar59

imported post

I am physically limited in a wheelchair a lot, prosthetic legs when not. I wear basketball type shorts and pocket tshirts year round irregardless of the weather caue I'm not out walking in it. I carry a SA-XD45 4" 13rd.

I recently went through a loooong shopping, comparing, trying scenario looking for a shoulder bag ccw type thingy. lol

Still haven't found what I consider the perfect setup, but am awaiting the next tryout version. Elite Avenger shoulder bag in olive drab. Looks like a slightly larger than camera bag. http://www.shootingsystems.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SS&Product_Code=8025&Category_Code=15

Maxpedition bags, or at least all I could look at online and one ordered were just way too big.

Will post about it later once I've had a chance to try it out. But looking for others opinions.

Thanks

Steve

fubar59

imported post

Yea a chest rig could work partially. I live on a border between K and IL, so open or concealed is fine in KY but "pack carry unloaded" is required in IL.

At least until the hoped for USSC ruling stomps down DICK daley's illegal, immoral and archaic limitations on gun rights is passed.

Thanks for the suggestion, I may very well check into some cross draw chest rigs. Any suggestions on manufacturers, you prefer?

We recently bought my son a very nice camo shoulder rig from a paintball website, if you can believe that, for $9.95. Very well made, with nice padding on the shoulder flaps/pads. Incidentally they had several bags like maxpedition and were seemingly as well made for a fourth the price.

Thanks

Steve

DragonLW

imported post

@fubar59...

Take a look at the Pistol Pouch.

www.dragonleatherworks.com

Can be worn on a belt. Update coming this week-end on the site that will introduce it with D-Rings and a leather shoulder strap as an optional accessory.

DragonLW