• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone going to OC on 4th of July?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
The way I look at it is That Independance Day (or the 4th) Was founded on firearms with firearms and to not carry either concealed or open would just be unamerican (my oppinion not ment to offend) so I will be carrying for sure. I dont drink so thats not an issue for me and as I dont have many friends so I dont have to worry about there dumb drunk well you know the rest. I most likly will OC except in to albersons near my place (vancouver as some retards got arrested there for pour OCing skills just recently).

I was at the 4th Plain Albertsons this afternoon. OC, with no issues. Only be concerned about the martial arts studio next door.

Ruby

4th of July

Wow, it took me some time to find out how to get on here. I am planning on going to Champion Arms on th 4th around 11am if anyone wants to join me. I am flexible on the time.

Ruby

11am might work for me :)

and it took 7 hours for me to get logged on!

It took me 2 DAYS just to find the forum again! Logging on was a breeze. I was on the Citizens Self Defense Blog and saw open carry.org so I clicked on it and low and behold! there it was! I tried using the address that came up when I tried going to the site, but that didn't work. Just found the forum tonight a little while ago. So now I have the new address in my favorites and shouldn't be a problem from now on. Still feeling my way around here as this is somewhat different from the other platform.

Aaron1124

It took me 2 DAYS just to find the forum again! Logging on was a breeze. I was on the Citizens Self Defense Blog and saw open carry.org so I clicked on it and low and behold! there it was! I tried using the address that came up when I tried going to the site, but that didn't work. Just found the forum tonight a little while ago. So now I have the new address in my favorites and shouldn't be a problem from now on. Still feeling my way around here as this is somewhat different from the other platform.

A lot different, imo!

Shoop

j2l3 wrote:
I think he was referring to the phrase "License to carry concealed pistol" which is printed on the CPL. It does say "State of Washington License to carry concealed pistol" toward the top right below the license number.

Well you may call it whatever it is you like. However when I am filling out the DOL's form 4473 for the transfer of a firearm and the customer has their LCCP, instead of it going to their local authorities to get a background check, in box 23 or something like that it asks what form of identification provided overrides the mandatory waiting period, to which I put in "Washington LCCP." Please take my word for it. Although I may only be 21, and pretty new to this whole open carry thing, I do sell guns for a living and deal with this on a day-to-day basis.

CheerfulHoplite

Well you may call it whatever it is you like. However when I am filling out the DOL's form 4473 for the transfer of a firearm and the customer has their LCCP, instead of it going to their local authorities to get a background check, in box 23 or something like that it asks what form of identification provided overrides the mandatory waiting period, to which I put in "Washington LCCP."

????

So you're saying that someone who has a CPL avoids the "OK, paperwork's done, come on back next week to pick up your gun" when you want to buy a new piece? That'd be a nice bonus...

I got my CPL primarily 'cause my "combination boss/landlord" basically said "My place, my rules: no CPL to go with gun, no live/work here", with a secondary reason being that I was getting sick and bloody tired of having to unload/reload every time I got in/out of the car. (boy, did I get "itchy" having to pull the piece in a parking lot somewhere, unload it, then stand there looking like I was gearing up for a shooting spree as I reloaded when I got where I was going! Talk about nervous-making... But it beats carrying empty - The idea of toting a gun without ammo in it is so utterly bizarre that it's something I won't even consider doing. Might as well just carry a brick, for all the sense it makes!)

If having my CPL also means that I get to bypass the waiting period stupidity when I go buy the new piece I've been ogling, so much the better!

Stretch

????

So you're saying that someone who has a CPL avoids the "OK, paperwork's done, come on back next week to pick up your gun" when you want to buy a new piece? That'd be a nice bonus...

I got my CPL primarily 'cause my "combination boss/landlord" basically said "My place, my rules: no CPL to go with gun, no live/work here", with a secondary reason being that I was getting sick and bloody tired of having to unload/reload every time I got in/out of the car. (boy, did I get "itchy" having to pull the piece in a parking lot somewhere, unload it, then stand there looking like I was gearing up for a shooting spree as I reloaded when I got where I was going! Talk about nervous-making... But it beats carrying empty - The idea of toting a gun without ammo in it is so utterly bizarre that it's something I won't even consider doing. Might as well just carry a brick, for all the sense it makes!)

If having my CPL also means that I get to bypass the waiting period stupidity when I go buy the new piece I've been ogling, so much the better!

Yes with the license or permit or (fill in the word here) you do not have to wait to pick up your firearm.

jbone

SNIP: Anyone going to OC on 4th of July? Will proudly be OCing in honor of our Independence

I carry everyday I can honoring freedom, no special attempt or occassion needed for carry on the 4th. Every day I'm alive is Independance day for me, therefore everyday is a celibration.

Shoop

????

it most certainly does bypass the 5-day delay (which turns into 7 cuz it's government "business" days [like they actually work anyways]. A Washington LCCP also can verify current living address (required) in the case one's driver's license is not up to date. other documents that can do this are vehicle registration, water/gas/sewage bill, or (if active duty military currently stationed here) a signed copy of your PCS orders from your CO

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I can't seem to figue out how to upload a pic from my phone. But, I just walked along redondo beach with my family and we noticed a temporary sign banning firewoks, firearms and alcohol beverages at the city o Des Moines parks and marinas, including sidewalks, piers and paking lots. When I get home I will upload a pic of the sign. I will also send them an email.

Aaron1124

I can't seem to figue out how to upload a pic from my phone. But, I just walked along redondo beach with my family and we noticed a temporary sign banning firewoks, firearms and alcohol beverages at the city o Des Moines parks and marinas, including sidewalks, piers and paking lots. When I get home I will upload a pic of the sign. I will also send them an email.

They're probably outdated signs. I can't find any Des Moines Law that prohibits firearms anywhere. Des Moines PD are really cool and they all seem very knowledgeable on the firearm laws. I doubt you'll be hassled by any police, but I'm interested to hear your follow up, just in case! When I did a ride along with Des Moines PD, the officer and I were talking about open carry, and said there's a guy who often walks along the pier with his dog while OCing.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Not outdated in the sense that these signs just went up this week...

Des Moines has several parts of their codes that are out of date; the no firearms where alcohol is dispensed by the drink and no firearms in the city council chambers.

View attachment 3148
They're probably outdated signs. I can't find any Des Moines Law that prohibits firearms anywhere. Des Moines PD are really cool and they all seem very knowledgeable on the firearm laws. I doubt you'll be hassled by any police, but I'm interested to hear your follow up, just in case! When I did a ride along with Des Moines PD, the officer and I were talking about open carry, and said there's a guy who often walks along the pier with his dog while OCing.

Aaron1124

Des Moines has several parts of their codes that are out of date; the no firearms where alcohol is dispensed by the drink and no firearms in the city council chambers.

View attachment 3148

Do you know if anyone has contacted the city council or city attorney about the sign and the codes? I know Councilman Dave Kaplan is very good about responding to emails.

Aaron1124

Councilman Dave Kaplan,

I am contacting you regarding a sign that was seen in Redondo Beach, in Des Moines, WA. It states that "Fireworks, firearms and alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited in the city of Des Moines beaches, parks and Marina." I did not see any municipal code regarding the possession of firearms on city property. I was just curious if this is an outdated sign that just has not been removed and/or revised, considering the state preemption (RCW 9.41.290) states that Cities, towns, and counties or other municipalities may enact only those laws and ordinances relating to firearms that are specifically authorized by state law, as in RCW 9.41.300, which did not include city parks and property as a restricted area for the carry of firearms.
I, myself, have never experienced any negative encounters while carrying my firearm in Des Moines, however I just thought I'd bring the sign to the attention of the City Council, considering it is something that the council or parks department may want to update and revise to be compliance with State Preemption.
Thank you for your time, and I hope you have a great 4th of July.

Respectfully,

Aaron Braun

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Looks good...

Let us know the response and follow up with any points that they ignore or miss. I assume that these cardboard type sings were printed up with the intent to mislead people by the politicians and not the police.

Councilman Dave Kaplan,

I am contacting you regarding a sign that was seen in Redondo Beach, in Des Moines, WA. It states that "Fireworks, firearms and alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited in the city of Des Moines beaches, parks and Marina." I did not see any municipal code regarding the possession of firearms on city property. I was just curious if this is an outdated sign that just has not been removed and/or revised, considering the state preemption (RCW 9.41.290) states that Cities, towns, and counties or other municipalities may enact only those laws and ordinances relating to firearms that are specifically authorized by state law, as in RCW 9.41.300, which did not include city parks and property as a restricted area for the carry of firearms.
I, myself, have never experienced any negative encounters while carrying my firearm in Des Moines, however I just thought I'd bring the sign to the attention of the City Council, considering it is something that the council or parks department may want to update and revise to be compliance with State Preemption.
Thank you for your time, and I hope you have a great 4th of July.

Respectfully,

Aaron Braun