• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCed @ Dupont Denny's

Kriegsammler

imported post

People amuse me sometimes..

Tonite was actually my 2nd time at this Denny's while OCing.. 1st was uneventful and I was too tired to make a post.

Tonite I arrived.. parked the scooter and walked in OCing my .38 Uberti SA Colt clone. I noted an LMPD Cruiser parked outside so I was prepared to have a possible LEO encounter. 2 LEOs at a table.. they took no note of me.. my strong side was facing away from them.. I was seated with no issues..

While I was at my table a mid 40's-ish male businessman type was seated near me.. he was deep in discussion with his table companion when I was getting up to leave.. I make no attempt to block his view of the revolver on my right hip and I saw him twitch in my peripheral.. then scrambled for his cell as I walked past. I paused.. He paused dialing.. ;) I went back to my table to grab my keys that I'd left.. I turned to head up front and made eye contact.. He looked scared to death.. eyes buggin out.. weak trembly smile.

I asked him if he was ok.. and that broke the ice.. he relaxed immediately. I told him.. "You don't have to worry about me man.. Criminals don't carry guns like this.." I dug for an OC business card but alas! I was out. I wished them a good nite.. paid and left.

The manager took my money and didn't bat an eye though I did see that he noticed the gun..

I swear if I'd said "Boo!" that guy might've had a heart attack by the look of him..

-Adam