Thread: Need some advice?

Post imported post

I am going to a family reunion in Beloit, Wi.

I get this call from my cousin who never calls me or really even talks to me and the first thing out of his mouth was, "Hey, Wisconsin just passed this law that you can carry a gun as long as you have a permit."
    I was trying to correct him thatone does notneed a permit, didn't mention that is Wisconsin's Constitution, but he was determined that you needed a permit. Anyway, I told him that I do have my Arkansas permit (not that Wisconsin honors it) and that Wisconsin is only an OC State. He just could not believe that Wisconsin pass such a law (I know Constitution). I told him I carry all the time down here and he said, "I know both you and your wife carry." I'm thinking at this point people are talking because I never talk to this guy.

My question is do I carry and possible cause a seen or forgo it for the day?

I know everybody knows I carry that lives by me everyday but distant relatives I'm not sure about. This will be on privet property and I don't know how the home owner will like me showing up with a .40 in a holster. I have carried an empty holster in Illinois around them but never open and I know I scared a few people then. One person asked if I was a cop and I said no but in Illinois I can't open carry. I was showing another cousin, who is into cowboy shoots, my holster at the time.

I just don't like the idea of being in Beloit unarmed.

I hope I gave you as clear as mud picture.

I have not asked my Uncle if it was ok to carry at his house yet.

Don't confuse me with the facts, I have my emotions!

I guess that's the difference between no crime and "stopping" a crime in progress. I prefer no crime.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Post imported post

I would just do it and then see what they say.

Post imported post

If most already know you carry, why not go ahead and carry? If you want to, ask your uncle's permission first to make sure.
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Post imported post

GO FOR IT!!

I had a graduation party for my little brother 2 weeks ago and I had my gun on my hip all day! I had all my aunts, uncles, cousins, my folks neighbors, and my brothers friends and parents there. I am 39 and my little brother is 17. Yes, I got some strange looks. Some were not happy, I did not care, I don't like them either. My parents are proud that I carry and now ask where my gun is if I show up and leave the gun in the truck!

I would show up, load up and holster up. Then address the property owner if he/she has an issue. Most of us do not ask "if" we can carry, because the law is on our side. But, if told to leave or remove the gun, do so.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Carry ON!!

Wisconsin Carry Inc - Founders Club Member
    NRA - Life Member
    3rd generation US Air Force Veteran

Banned

Post imported post

paul@paul-fisher.com wrote:
    I would just do it and then see what they say.
    +1

Post imported post

If we avoided carrying because somebody might not like it then we would never carry. You have a great chance to expose other friends and family to oc. Don't forget to take some oc pamphlets with you. Carry on.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar

Post imported post

Packer fan let your conscience be your guide, You know your family better than any of us here and you will be a guest, Now if you were the hostthere would be nothing to consider.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

Post imported post

Most of the people who know me know I OC so if they invite me over to there house I wouldthink that theyknow that I'm going to be OC.

I SAY GO FOR IT

Post imported post

Thanks and that is just what I will do. If they don't like it I can always leave and yes I will have some Wi OC pamphlets.

I'll see some of you in Grenn Bay.

I do want to say thank you for all the work everyone is doing up there.:celebrate
    Don't confuse me with the facts, I have my emotions!

I guess that's the difference between no crime and "stopping" a crime in progress. I prefer no crime.