• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Town of Beloit administrator, cop face off, GazetteExtra.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://gazettextra.com/news/2010/jun/23/town-beloit-administrator-cop-face/

BELOIT TOWNSHIP — The Town of Beloit Police Department has a one new sergeant and another under investigation.
The town board Monday voted to approve Chief John Wilson’s recommendation to hire Laura Palmer as a sergeant. Palmer works as a sergeant in the City of Beloit Police Department and has worked as a consultant for Wilson doing investigations in the town.
Town Administrator Bob Museus is not certain when Palmer will start working for the town because she has to give her notice at the city, he told the Gazette.
After Monday’s meeting, Museus asked Sgt. David Dransfield into his office to talk, Museus said.
The talk turned into a shouting match recorded with a video camera by Dransfield’s wife, Connie Hedrington-Dransfield. The Gazette obtained a copy of the recording.
The roughly shot video shows the two men shouting and speaking rudely to each other. Hedrington-Dransfield swore at Museus and town board members who were in the building.
She said they should be happy concealed-carry laws don’t exist.
Museus suspended Dransfield for two days.
But on Tuesday, Museus told the Gazette that he talked to the town’s labor law attorney and that Dransfield is not suspended.
Instead, Dransfield will be investigated, Museus said.
Museus said he was not sure why Dransfield was so upset when the board hired Palmer. The decision does not threaten Dransfield’s job, Museus said.
Dransfield works third shift.
In the video, he and his wife ask why his seniority with the department is being downplayed.
The board voted 3-1-1 in favor of hiring Palmer. Board member Dick Lamott abstained, and new board member Jim Stephens voted against the recommendation.
Palmer’s starting pay will be $61,400, Museus said.
The argument and ensuing investigation is one in a long string of issues in the department.
In December, officer Mike Bogdonas agreed to a 38-day suspension in a settlement prior to a disciplinary hearing.
In March, former Sgt. Willie Abbeglen filed a lawsuit against the department in federal court. The suit claims Wilson made racial comments and demoted Abbeglen in retaliation for a memo written to Wilson by the police union. Abbeglen retired in February.
Also in February, the owner of a Beloit towing company filed a lawsuit in federal court. The suit claims Wilson made racial slurs and discriminated against the towing company owner, who is black.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

Au contrarie, mon frere! It is a bullet point in why not to tolerate any but unpermitted open carry just as we have it now. But then the cozening NRA chamberlains don't want us to see the slimey underside, do they? You're not an NRA 'member' swinging, are you?

Did you read this from Mr. Remzy Bitar, Esq? Do you know why he is notorious?

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
III. State Statutes Regulating Firearms:
A. Concealed Carry (CCW Statute): The law, in effect since 1872, provides ... Wis. Stat. § 941.23.
1. Wisconsin and Illinois are the only two states ...

2. Four objectives of concealed carry laws, per State v. Hamdan, 2003 WI 113 ¶¶54-56, 264 Wis. 2d 433, 665 N.W.2d 785:
a. Carrying a concealed weapon permits a person to act violently on impulse, whether from anger or fear.

Open carrying is not different. Concealed carry as the theme avoids the current controversy!
b. People should be put on notice when they are dealing with an individual who is carrying a dangerous weapon. Notice permits people, including police, to act accordingly.

c. Related to the previous objective, concealed weapons facilitate the commission of crime by creating the appearance of normality and catching people off guard.
Open carry cannot create the appearance of normality, applying the traditional 'Square of Opposition'?
d. Concealed carry laws promote the preservation of life by affixing a stigma of criminality to those who carry concealed weapons in cases except as those allowed by statute.
Is stigma attached to openly carried weapons?
3. State v. Nollie, 2002 WI 4, 249 Wis. 2d 538, 638 N.W.2d 280: Court confirmed that a person may claim self-defense when charged under the CCW statute. Id., ¶¶18-26. However, in that case, the unsubstantiated threat of four young men nearby, being loud and profane in a "high crime" area, was not "imminent and specific enough" for the defendant to invoke self-defense. Id., ¶¶23-35.

4. State v. Cole, 2003 WI 112, 264 Wis. 2d 520, 665 N.W.2d 328: Court upheld the statute against facial and as-applied constitutional challenges.
a. Police found two concealed handguns...

b. The right to bear arms is clearly not rendered illusory by prohibiting an individual from keeping a loaded weapon hidden either in the glove compartment or under the front seat in a vehicle" Id., ¶ 28. The Court noted the danger of accidents involved in the transport of loaded weapons and noted that those dangers support restrictions on such weapons.
Based on what empirical evidence? Restrict beer bottles too?!
c. [Balance] ... Id., ¶¶22-28

d. [Is reasonable] ...Id., ¶ 43

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

blayze wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
barronburke wrote:
This is not opencarry related Doug!
2nd this.
Yes it is related. Lotsa talk on this forum about CC and OC.
Some woman blurts out something about CC during an argument some place & it's relevant on this site ???? wow you guys are really reaching or bored. Doug do you surf the internet all day long for USELESS crap to post here ??:banghead:

blaze

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
blayze wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
barronburke wrote:
This is not opencarry related Doug!
2nd this.
Yes it is related. Lotsa talk on this forum about CC and OC.
Some woman blurts out something about CC during an argument some place & it's relevant on this site ???? wow you guys are really reaching or bored. Doug do you surf the internet all day long for USELESS crap to post here ??:banghead:
A fair percentage of stuff posted here is USELESS crap. Big deal. So what, etc.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Lots of useless crap like pictures of bill boards that talk about immigrants, speeding tickets, BS stories that are made up about police contacts.

The shame of it is, no one here feels comfortable enough with anyone else to talk about something other than guns.

I think everyone is getting carried away here. It is not like there is a flood of threads that are not gun/OC related.

Besides, the woman did comment on, "it's a good thing there isn't a CCW law."

Was she making a point that, all OCers are law abiding? If so, good for us!

If this is the way it is going to be I will start reminding everyone when they post something that is not OC related and that goes for parties and events that are posted and include OC just so the invites can be posted in the forum.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Doug do you surf the internet all day long for USELESS crap to post here ??:banghead:
As I have explained elsewhere here, I use a small script to beep when the selected webpage is updated, checking at a specified periodicity.

For Wisconsin material I rely on

I use G00gle Alerts,
http://www.google.com/alerts/manage?hl=en&gl=us&source=alertsmail
Oh, and I am completely and totally retired, not interested in employment at any reasonable rate. I'm not fooling myself or you about semi-employed or "self-employed." So I have lots more time than money to spend wisely... irritating the stuffed shirts, shotgun chic and gallus snappers.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

:? , what ever, J.

from now on I am going to post EVERY thing I find online the deals with open carry, even remotely . I will spam the FK out of this forum, 200 new threads a day, I am sure you will all just love that, right.

Dougs post, was for all intent, SPAM, because It really meant NOTHING, regarding OC.
some girl in an office somewhere that mention's CC is news worthy now HERE ON THE Open Carry.org forum.

WOW, THAT'S BIG NEWS
:?

Quick make a new thread.....:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Cypher

imported post

blayze wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PoGcJOcZeI

Here is the video, pretty funny to me as I know some of the players.

The last minute contains the conceal carry comment and some salty talk by Connie.
This video has been removed by the user.

& of course trying to find if anyone else UL it is impossible with all the beloit real estate sales videos. (that YT refuses to delete in spite of the rules against those vids.)

blaze

imported post

Glock34 wrote:

from now on I am going to post EVERY thing I find online the deals with open carry, even remotely . I will spam the FK out of this forum, 200 new threads a day, I am sure you will all just love that, right.

Dougs post, was for all intent, SPAM, because It really meant NOTHING, regarding OC.
some girl in an office somewhere that mention's CC is news worthy now HERE ON THE Open Carry.org forum.

WOW, THAT'S BIG NEWS

Quick make a new thread.....:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Bigger and better news than hey I am having a birthday party and bring me lots of stuff cause I am so cool. Let the flaming commence.

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

blayze wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

from now on I am going to post EVERY thing I find online the deals with open carry, even remotely .  I will spam the FK out of this forum, 200 new threads a day, I am sure you will all just love that, right.

WOW, THAT'S BIG NEWS

Bigger and better news than hey I am having a birthday party and bring me lots of stuff cause I am so cool.    Let the flaming commence.

Wow! At least Glock's party is an OC event.

blaze

imported post

paul@paul-fisher.com wrote:
blayze wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

WOW, THAT'S BIG NEWS

Bigger and better news than hey I am having a birthday party and bring me lots of stuff cause I am so cool. Let the flaming commence.

Wow! At least Glock's party is an OC event.
Right, and so are my daily visits to the crapper.

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

blayze wrote:
Right, and so are my daily visits to the *******.
You are sooo cool!!!!

:celebrate

I wish I was half as smart as you are coming back with that!!

So, you further the OC cause by carrying to the crapper? You socialize with people with like interests?

Status
Not open for further replies.