• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great anti-anti-gun conversations on N&R blog

nobama

imported post

You cant argue. Lets start twisting words around like the left does. Instead of anti gun, they are anti freedom or anti constitution.

farkles

imported post

wethepeople wrote:
You cant argue. Lets start twisting words around like the left does. Instead of anti gun, they are anti freedom or anti constitution.
That is actually a great idea. Take for example the left's "employee FREE choice act" that FORCES people to vote in public, thereby essentially making it forced choice.

I seriously think we should create and name a bill the "North Carolina Safety and Free Choice Act" which would allow open or concealed carry at any non-secured (metal detector and armed guard/police) location in NC, and the libs can utilize their free choice to stay at home since they don't want us defending them with our guns while they are being stabbed by some criminal.

Dreamer

imported post

The majority of the extreme anti-2A movement suffer from a psychological condition called irredeemable ignorance. They refuse to listen to facts, reason, logic, or scientific truth, and instead just dismiss any evidence that contradicts their presently-held beliefs.

This is a form of delusion, and rather than treat it like the mental illness it really is, our media, schools, and churches actually FOSTER this sort of thinking.

This paradigm--where it is acceptable to ignore facts that contradict an easily-proven fallacy--is perhaps one of the most dangerous tools being used against Liberty today. It is creating an entire generation of citizens who are so comfortable with "double-think" that it nearly impossible for them to see the error of their thinking.

There is no need to chain the hands of a slave if his mind is already bound in the irons of delusion...

elixin77

imported post

That doug guy is adamant about not carrying a gun.

One thing i've noticed is that people say they are pro-2nd amendment, but then put restrictions on everything they can. I mean, honestly, what part of 'Shall NOT be infringed' do people just not understand?