Thread: Great anti-anti-gun conversations on N&R blog

Post imported post

Great anti-anti-gun conversations on N&R blog. Does anyone see how this lady can continue to not see the light? I guess that is really the emotional argument she is making, without thinking about the logic behind it.

http://www.news-record.com/blog/2010...ing_your_piece

Post imported post

You cant argue. Lets start twisting words around like the left does. Instead of anti gun, they are anti freedom or anti constitution.

Post imported post

wethepeople wrote:
    You cant argue. Lets start twisting words around like the left does. Instead of anti gun, they are anti freedom or anti constitution.
    That is actually a great idea. Take for example the left's "employee FREE choice act" that FORCES people to vote in public, thereby essentially making it forced choice.

I seriously think we should create and name a bill the "North Carolina Safety and Free Choice Act" which would allow open or concealed carry at any non-secured (metal detector and armed guard/police) location in NC, and the libs can utilize their free choice to stay at home since they don't want us defending them with our guns while they are being stabbed by some criminal.

Post imported post

The majority of the extreme anti-2A movement suffer from a psychological condition called irredeemable ignorance. They refuse to listen to facts, reason, logic, or scientific truth, and instead just dismiss any evidence that contradicts their presently-held beliefs.

This is a form of delusion, and rather than treat it like the mental illness it really is, our media, schools, and churches actually FOSTER this sort of thinking.

This paradigm--where it is acceptable to ignore facts that contradict an easily-proven fallacy--is perhaps one of the most dangerous tools being used against Liberty today. It is creating an entire generation of citizens who are so comfortable with "double-think" that it nearly impossible for them to see the error of their thinking.

There is no need to chain the hands of a slave if his mind is already bound in the irons of delusion...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

I jumped in too, since Greensboro is my stomping ground
    Carry on!

Post imported post

That doug guy is adamant about not carrying a gun.

One thing i've noticed is that people say they are pro-2nd amendment, but then put restrictions on everything they can. I mean, honestly, what part of 'Shall NOT be infringed' do people just not understand?
    Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP. Carried in condition 1, with a total of 25 rounds.

Vice President of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, ECU Chapter

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

elixin77 wrote:
    That doug guy is adamant about not carrying a gun.
    I've been posting back & forth with him... Trying to push his buttons & make him think for himself.
    Carry on!