• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Possibly moving to Missouri

FourSeven

imported post

I have a new job in Lively Grove, Il., but I don't really want to live in Illinois. As much as I aslo don't want to live in a large city, I am considering getting a place in St. Louis. I want to be as close to the Il border as possible and have a decent apartment or house to live in. Can anyone suggest what areas not to live.

nrepuyan

imported post

stay off the state streets in the city...stay out of north city / north county.

with lively grove being to the south east of stl...anywhere in south stl county should be fine, or even south stl city.

heck you could even go as far as living in jefferson county.

but really with the location of where your work is...that would probably lead you to the southern areas of the city / couty which are all fine...