Thread: Carrying to the Rally

Carrying to the Rally

i'll be coming to the rally for my 6th time and thinking about carring. I plan on keeping it in my saddle bag. Any thoughts on this? Any places I shouldn't? i'll be going into WY & MT also. I may have it on me when traveling but not stopping and walking around town. I'm from Ind. I have a Ind LTCH permit. I never had a problem during the trip there or at the rally.You just never know. Me and the soon-to-be-wife travel alone. Any tips, esp with rally police.

Post imported post

If you've got any state's license, you'll be good to go in SD: 32-20-6.6 exempts the unloaded-and-encased requirement for motorcycles if the rider has a CHP, and South Dakota recognizes all non-resident permits.

http://legis.state.sd.us/statutes/Di...tute=32-20-6.6

32-20-6.6. Carrying firearm on motorcycle or off-road vehicle--Exception for holder of concealed pistol permit or disabled hunter permit--Enforcement--Violation as misdemeanor. No person, other than a law enforcement officer or conservation officer, or any person on the person's own land or land leased by the person, may operate or ride on any motorcycle or off-road vehicle with any firearm in the person's possession unless the firearm is completely unloaded and within a carrying case which encloses the entire firearm. However, this section does not apply to any person who is carrying a pistol and possesses a permit to carry a concealed pistol issued pursuant to chapter 23-7. This section does not apply to any person who holds a permit issued pursuant to 41-8-37 while engaged in hunting from an off-road vehicle in accordance with the provisions of the permit. This section shall be enforced by all law enforcement officers including conservation officers. A violation of this section is a Class 2 misdemeanor.

I spoke with Officer Mcroden (spelling?) from Rapid City PD. and he told me OC is 100% legal on a motorcycle as long as you have a CC permit from SD or a state with reciprocity. Boom!

All he asked is that you don't put the kickstand down when stopped.
    Last edited by marinepilot81; 07-16-2010 at 04:43 PM.

What about Indian reservations? Pine Ridge, Yankton, etc. Any problems carring there?

Campaign Veteran
    I don't know specifics, but each reservation can have its own rules.