• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pikeville City Ordinance

suntzu

imported post

I found this law for the city of Pikeville while thinking about making a day trip into KY from TN. Was wondering--I know OC w/o a permit is legal in KY--but here in TN we have to have a state sponsored privilege card (Permit) in order to carry OC/CC.

Is this ordinance enforceable upon OC'ers or just CC'ers? Does KY have complete preemption of all firearms laws?
http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Kentucky/pikeville/cityofpikevillekentucky?f=templates$fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:pikeville_ky

§ 130.16 PROHIBITIONS; EXCEPTIONS. (A) It shall be unlawful to enter into or upon any public building and on any park owned, leased and controlled by the City by a licensee carrying a concealed deadly weapon pursuant to a license granted in KRS 237.110 except as otherwise permitted in private residential areas as defined in §
(B) No person shall carry a concealed deadly weapon into or upon the non-private residential areas of the Housing Authority of Pikeville property.
(C) The areas in which the carrying of concealed deadly weapons is prohibited hereunder shall be clearly identified by signs posted at the entrance to the restricted area.
(D) Nothing contained in this subchapter shall prohibit the carrying of concealed deadly weapons by a peace officer as described in Kentucky Revised Statutes.
(Ord. 0-98-005, passed 2-23-98) Penalty, see § 130.99

langzaiguy

imported post

There is complete preemption in KY. These ordinances are legit/legal and ONLY apply to CC. OC is constitutionally protected in KY.

OC is off limits on school property, in bars, and in courtrooms. That's it. Anyone can OC in KY provided they're 18 and over and no felonies. Enjoy your time here!