• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

visiting from Virginia to Calvert County - St Marys County

VaGunTrader

imported post

Wife wants to shark tooth hunt at Calvert Cliffs area, and I'm going to bring the boat and try fishing,and we will try some camping, perhaps at Take It Easy campground. Will be looking for good places to eat. Places unique to the area, not big chain places.

Thanks for any help !!

Anyone been doing any bottom fishing in that area lately?

Sig229

I haven't hunted for shark teeth or other relics there since I was a kid, but I did have a lot of fun doing so and Im sure you and your wife will too.

As far as places to eat, I cant help you.

But if you are a cigar smoker, try to get some of the locally grown tobacco.
Southern Maryland grows extremely fine tobacco due to the humid days and humid nights during summer and the soil quality is superb and makes for a wonderful mild and smooth cigar.

Bay Bob

Wife wants to shark tooth hunt at Calvert Cliffs area, and I'm going to bring the boat and try fishing,and we will try some camping, perhaps at Take It Easy campground. Will be looking for good places to eat. Places unique to the area, not big chain places.

Thanks for any help !!

Anyone been doing any bottom fishing in that area lately?

Make sure you have any handguns locked up before you cross that bridge, Maryland is not at all firearm friendly !

Best ribs in the area is a place called Adams Ribs, right on 2/4 frontage road in Solomons.

Best seafood is Solomons Pier or Stoney's on Solomons island, same owner both places.

Yuppie food can be found at the CD Cafe on the way to the island on 2.

Another good spot is the Naughty Gull behind the Holiday Inn, pub style food and their Nachos are to die for.

Best breakfast deal (on the pricey side) is at the Hilton Garden Hotel right next to the Ruddy Duck /FireHouse. Great breakfst buffet and omlettes to order, best omlette I ever ate. Cost about $13 but that includes all drinks, and juices, and they have DIY waffles and probably some of the best whole grain pancakes I have had in a while.

St Marys side has all the brand names, Olive Garden, Paneras, Bob Evans (crowded weekends) Applebys, Etc, best deal for homestyle cooking is a little hole in the wall place called Linda's Cafe just south of the NAS main gate on Tulagi Place. Can be a little slow, but prices are great and food is home cooked good.

Enjoy
BB