• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA

Paul E. Blouin

imported post

NAGR_email.gif

Dear Paul,

This afternoon House Speaker Nancy Pelosi forced the free-speech limiting DISCLOSE Act through the House of Representatives.

Because of the heroic efforts of gun rights activists like you, the DISCLOSE Act barely passed with a vote of 219 to 206.

YOUR pressure -- your phone calls, your e-mails -- turned the easy passage of this measure into a tough and expensive political battle for the anti-gunners in Congress and the White House. (Click here to see how your Congressman voted.)

Thank you for your commitment to this important fight -- you are making a difference!

The DISCLOSE Act was written simply to protect the anti-gun Establishment status quo in Washington D.C. If passed into law, it could silence virtually every state and national conservative group in the country, including the National Association for Gun Rights and any state level gun organizations you may belong to.

The DISCLOSE Act is a direct attack on your First Amendment right to petition Congress and mention legislation or voting records during the election season.

You and I both know that election season is the best time to hold politicians accountable for their anti-gun votes. The DISCLOSE Act is designed to silence grassroots activists LIKE YOU and protect the Establishment politicians in Washington.

The DISCLOSE Act will affect every political organization you belong to, on any and every issue.

The NRA has joined an unholy cabal with liberal special interests like the Sierra Club, AARP and labor unions to gain exemptions from the onerous restrictions of the DISCLOSE Act.

I strongly encourage you to contact the NRA at (800) 672-3888 and let them know just how you feel about this betrayal of your rights.

Now, until this week, the DISCLOSE Act appeared doomed, but the NRA struck a deal with anti-gunners Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer (the Senate sponsor) and Harry Reid. In exchange for exemptions from the bill’s outrageous and expensive disclosure requirements, the NRA now tacitly supports the anti-free speech DISCLOSE Act.

In fact, Capitol insiders say Harry Reid may be the driving force for this exemption. Reid is in a very tough re-election race in Nevada, but the NRA has all but endorsed him (see the latest NRA magazine, with flattering pictures and flowery praise of Harry Reid). If he’s held accountable for his bad votes on the gun issue, he will almost certainly lose – which is why he’d like to silence all of the pro-gun groups except the one that’s supporting him.

The fight against the free-speech infringement that is the DISCLOSE Act must now be taken to the U.S. Senate.

Without a doubt, our right to free speech hangs in the balance -- and today’s vote is step in the wrong direction.

However, I am still optimistic.

If gun rights activists like you and me can keep the pressure up in the U.S. Senate, we still have a chance of killing this awful legislation.

Please, call both your U.S. Senators at (202) 224-3121 and demand that they publicly oppose the DISCLOSE Act.

Tell them that any vote to restrict free-speech will be considered a vote against gun owners.

You can also help the National Association for Gun Rights by chipping in $5 or $10 to help us keep up the fight against the DISCLOSE ACT.

For liberty,

DWBsigBlue.jpg

Dudley Brown
Executive Director

[align=center]

[/align]

To help the National Association for Gun Rights grow, please forward this to a friend.

To view this email as a web page, please click this link: view online.

Help fight gun control. Donate to the National Association for Gun Rights!

wrightme

imported post

I am a member of a pro-2nd Amendment group that has enough clout that the Dems felt it necessary to attempt to "buy them off" of this issue.

The OP is from a group that feels the need to attempt to build membership numbers and funds by wasting its time, money, and internet bandwidth spreading false hyperbolic information about a group that it despises.

http://nationalgunrights.org/about.shtml

Whois Record
Registrant:
Dudley Brown
PO Box 3006
Brush, Colorado 80723
United States

Domain Name: NRAWOL.NET
Created on: 20-Sep-07
Expires on: 20-Sep-12
Last Updated on: 20-Sep-07

Administrative Contact:
Brown, Dudley director@rmgo.org
PO Box 3006
Brush, Colorado 80723
United States
(970) 842-3006 Fax --

Technical Contact:
PO Box 3006
Brush, Colorado 80723
United States
(970) 842-3006 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.SNHDNS.COM
NS2.SNHDNS.COM

Whois Record

Domain ID: D144500847-LROR
Domain Name:NATIONALGUNRIGHTS.ORG
Created On:25-Apr-2007 17:04:41 UTC
Last Updated On:03-Dec-2007 20:24:43 UTC
Expiration Date:25-Apr-2010 17:04:41 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Brandon Gray Internet Services (R1322-LROR)
Registrant ID:0934E2FD087A2A13
Registrant Name: Dudley Brown
Registrant Organization: Private Registration
Registrant Street1:2316 Delaware Ave Suite #266
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Buffalo
Registrant State/Province:NY
Registrant Postal Code:14216-2687
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.8664340212
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:

Whois Record
Domain ID: D280576-LROR
Domain Name: RMGO.ORG
Created On:03-Jun-1997 04:00:00 UTC
Last Updated On:25-Apr-2007 14:59:06 UTC
Expiration Date:02-Jun-2009 04:00:00 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)
Registrant ID:8213E38FD1CF21F0
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:

Paul E. Blouin

imported post

wrightme: "Anti-NRA hyperbole", I don't agree. I think this issue directly effects our ability to move this forum's agenda forward. But, if you have something I don't know about then by all means share it with me.

NRAMarine:I'm not saying I know everything about this situation. Please share your opinion on this as you have done so as to get the facts out! Hey, we are not afraid of the truth! Yeah I know what you mean about wanting money. But, I sat back and thought about all the money NRA is getting and how much it takes to lawyer up, etc. in today's world withlobbying congress. The NAGR has made some pretty strong accusationssaying they (NRA) have "struck a deal" with N.Pelosi and H. Reid on this issue? The attachment you provided has been read. They don't seem to be abundantly clear to me as to what they are actually doing to oppose this Act. But, nonetheless, you have provided something that I'm going to check on regarding the NAGR's accusations. Thanks for the reply! I'll post back as what I find. If you have more stuff, let is fly............I ain't scared! :shock:

NRAMARINE

imported post

wrightme wrote:
I am a member of a pro-2nd Amendment group that has enough clout that the Dems felt it necessary to attempt to "buy them off" of this issue.

The OP is from a group that feels the need to attempt to build membership numbers and funds by wasting its time, money, and internet bandwidth spreading false hyperbolic information about a group that it despises.

Whois Record
Registrant:
Dudley Brown
PO Box 3006
Brush, Colorado 80723
United States

Administrative Contact:
PO Box 3006
Brush, Colorado 80723
United States
(970) 842-3006 Fax --

Technical Contact:
PO Box 3006
Brush, Colorado 80723
United States
(970) 842-3006 Fax --

NS1.SNHDNS.COM
NS2.SNHDNS.COM

Whois Record

Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:

Whois Record
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
There's only one guy running this whole "organization"? Interesting I only see one name. As I said I'll stick with the one that's been around since 1871. I do not believe they support this garbage. I also saw this story on Fox News not long ago, The NRA has openly opposed this bill and the exemption. In my opinion this seems like a divide and conquor act to me. You can call the NRA-ILA and ask them. It takes a little while to get through, but I've always gotten straight answers.

wrightme

imported post

Paul E. Blouin wrote:
wrightme: "Anti-NRA hyperbole", I don't agree. I think this issue directly effects our ability to move this forum's agenda forward. But, if you have something I don't know about then by all means share it with me.

NRAMarine:I'm not saying I know everything about this situation. Please share your opinion on this as you have done so as to get the facts out! Hey, we are not afraid of the truth! Yeah I know what you mean about wanting money. But, I sat back and thought about all the money NRA is getting and how much it takes to lawyer up, etc. in today's world withlobbying congress. The NAGR has made some pretty strong accusationssaying they (NRA) have "struck a deal" with N.Pelosi and H. Reid on this issue? The attachment you provided has been read. They don't seem to be abundantly clear to me as to what they are actually doing to oppose this Act. But, nonetheless, you have provided something that I'm going to check on regarding the NAGR's accusations. Thanks for the reply! I'll post back as what I find. If you have more stuff, let is fly............I ain't scared! :shock:
The OP IS "anti-NRA hyperbole." Unless you have inside information that agrees with the viewpoint of Dudley. Do you? What facts do YOU have?

wrightme

imported post

Yes. ONE guy running RMGO, NRAWOL, AND NAGR. Also with affiliations to a Nevada Group GONV; which coincidentally is also attempting to build a membership list and funds with anti-nra hyperbole.

I do believe the NRA is aware of this one-man band.

NRAMARINE wrote:
wrightme wrote:

Whois Record
Registrant:
Dudley Brown
PO Box 3006
Brush, Colorado 80723
United States

Administrative Contact:
PO Box 3006
Brush, Colorado 80723
United States
(970) 842-3006 Fax --

Technical Contact:
PO Box 3006
Brush, Colorado 80723
United States
(970) 842-3006 Fax --

NS1.SNHDNS.COM
NS2.SNHDNS.COM

Whois Record

Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:

Whois Record
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
There's only one guy running this whole "organization"? Interesting I only see one name. As I said I'll stick with the one that's been around since 1871. I do not believe they support this garbage. I also saw this story on Fox News not long ago, The NRA has openly opposed this bill and the exemption. In my opinion this seems like a divide and conquor act to me. You can call the NRA-ILA and ask them. It takes a little while to get through, but I've always gotten straight answers.

NRAMARINE

imported post

Paul E. Blouin wrote:

While I agree that money makes the world go 'round, consider this. A few years ago I got into a situationwith some uninformed Amite police regarding one of my AR-15s. I called my NRA rep in slidell, and an hour and a half later they had sent out a lawyer who got all the "charges" dropped, retrieved my property and allowed me to go on with my life.

NRA membership $35 a year

Bushmaster Ar15 $1250

Nra lawyer to get me out of jail with my property in under 2 hrs,and tell Amite where to stick it :celebrate.... Priceless ( Included in membership along with all kinds of other perks)

Paul E. Blouin

imported post

NRAMarine: My father was a Marine, but I have not served in any armed forces. My father (who is deceased now) wasn't to keen on me joining. He taught me how to swim by throwing me in Lake Pontchartrain.

As far as your story, sounds like I would be greatful for how you were helped also....Yes indeed, I would.

Can't argue with that devildog!

I'm going to dig deeper as to what the NRA has done regarding this issue!

wrightme

imported post

Paul E. Blouin wrote:
NRAMarine: My father was a Marine, but I have not served in any armed forces. My father (who is deceased now) wasn't to keen on me joining. He taught me how to swim by throwing me in Lake Pontchartrain.

As far as your story, sounds like I would be greatful for how you were helped also....Yes indeed, I would.

While you are at it, dig deeper into Dudley and his web of deceit.

NRAMARINE

imported post

Paul E. Blouin wrote:

As I said call the NRA's ILA division and ask them. As far as your search goes my father has a saying " Peel an onion there are many layers."

Also dig into Dudley's agenda as well. It's not what it seems IMHO.

Paul E. Blouin

imported post

wrightme: will do! I'll get back tomorrow as to what I find. Thanks for the response! Hey, I'm first to admit if I'm off base. I'm not too proud to be humbled. I'm going to try to get to the bottom of this, by making some telephone calls tomorrow.

wrightme

imported post

Paul E. Blouin wrote:
wrightme: will do! I'll get back tomorrow as to what I find. Thanks for the response! Hey, I'm first to admit if I'm off base. I'm not too proud to be humbled. I'm going to try to get to the bottom of this, by making some telephone calls tomorrow.
Thank you for keeping an open mind.

One thought to keep with you is this one.

Out of ALL the pro-2nd Amendment groups out there, think of which ones never try to build a membership base by badmouthing other pro-2nd Amendment groups. There is almost only one that fits that metric.

"United we Stand, Divided we Fall"

Okay, TWICE now I have tried to add to one of my posts, and it STILL does not show up. :cuss:

Paul E. Blouin

imported post

wrightme:

did you see this in your post:

"The new agreement would exempt organizations that have over one million members, have been in existence for more than 10 years, have members in all 50 states, and raise 15 percent or less of their funds from corporations, from the disclosure requirements. The NRA, with four million members, would fall into the exempted category and will not oppose the DISCLOSE Act now, according to Democratic sources"

so much %%$$# to dig up and so little time. It's getting late tonight. I will read more and make some phone calls. I just want to get to the bottom of this. Sounds like you two have done a considerable amount of research, even so, let's all keep looking for the truth, no matter what someone has done in the past.

NRAMARINE

imported post

Typical. Looks like an undercover arm of Brady. Did you see the "NRA Lifers read this" link? Typical liberal tactics, name calling and the old " If you don't believe us you're no friend of liberty" crap. Anti 2nd ammendment subversion ... plain and simple.

wrightme

imported post

Paul E. Blouin wrote:
wrightme:

"The new agreement would exempt organizations that have over one million members, have been in existence for more than 10 years, have members in all 50 states, and raise 15 percent or less of their funds from corporations, from the disclosure requirements. The NRA, with four million members, would fall into the exempted category and will not oppose the DISCLOSE Act now, according to Democratic sources"

so much %%$$# to dig up and so little time. It's getting late tonight. I will read more and make some phone calls. I just want to get to the bottom of this. Sounds like you two have done a considerable amount of research, even so, let's all keep looking for the truth, no matter what someone has done in the past.
Which one, whose words are those?
And, what point would you make of it?
I am aware of the exemption the democrats created.

NRAMARINE

imported post

Paul E. Blouin wrote:
wrightme:

The statement made by Lapierre on Fox news simply stated, that they opposed the exemption and by no means asked for any considerations. Also consider the words "Democratic sources" carefully.