• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Custom shirt for any CCW who understands Open Carry

Do you like the statement this shirt makes?

• Total voters

kcgunfan

That would be fun to take to some of the towns that still have CC prohibitions on their books, just to see what would happen...

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Actually the problem is not the pricing on the shirt, the problem is getting folks to get the monies together at the same time to get the bulk discount. If I had ordered the third one it would have dropped the price by 5 bucks a shirt, then there is another break at 6 to 9, then another at 10 to 15 I think it was etc.

It is very hard for a group to commit to making a bulk purchase because they typically lose money on the deal.

If a bunch of folks decide they want them then you need to organize a group buy, save on cost and shipping.

mspgunner

That would be fun to take to some of the towns that still have CC prohibitions on their books, just to see what would happen...

Heck, wear it into a police Station in a NO "OC" CIty, just be sure you don't have anything that even looks like it could be used as a weapon, yiu bmight want to take your shoes off first too!

kylemoul

i myself would want a shirt where on the back is the open carry logo with the website, and the front quoting article 1 section 23.

i think that would be cooool

kcgunfan

i myself would want a shirt where on the back is the open carry logo with the website, and the front quoting article 1 section 23.

i think that would be cooool

Go to the website and design it. It's easy enough to do...

StevenSTL

Ditto here, although that is not what I'll wear when I address the Maplewood City Ciuncil, dress shirt and coat will be a bit more approriate with the way I'll address them.

I'll be wearing a dress shirt and tie as well. I'd like to make the best impression I can.

zekester

Not looking for trouble....but

This shirt is bound to cause a bit of a stir.....but if you are stopped...

52 F.3d 194
UNITED STATES of America, Plaintiff-Appellee,
v.
Coye Denise GREEN, Defendant-Appellant.
No. 94-1675.
United States Court of Appeals

In evaluating the validity of investigatory stops, we must consider the "totality of the circumstances--the whole picture." United States v. Sokolow, 490 U.S. 1, 8, 109 S.Ct. 1581, 1585, 104 L.Ed.2d 1 (1989) (quoting United States v. Cortez, 449 U.S. 411, 417, 101 S.Ct. 690, 695, 66 L.Ed.2d 621 (1981)). Reasonable suspicion must derive from more than an "inchoate and unparticularized suspicion or 'hunch.' " Terry v. Ohio, 392 U.S. 1, 27, 88 S.Ct. 1868, 1883, 20 L.Ed.2d 889 (1968). Moreover, "[c]onduct typical of a broad category of innocent people provides a weak basis for suspicion." United States v. Weaver, 966 F.2d 391, 394 (8th Cir.) (quoting United States v. Crawford, 891 F.2d 680, 681 (8th Cir.1989)), cert. denied, --- U.S. ----, 113 S.Ct. 829, 121 L.Ed.2d 699 (1992).

"A number of the factors relied upon by Carrill can be characterized as "conduct typical of a broad category of innocent people." Weaver, 966 F.2d at 394. We reject the notion that Green's travelling alone, carrying a small bag, wearing new and baggy clothes, and failing to make eye contact with Carrill, are in any way indicative of criminal activity. Thus, these factors cannot play a role in assessing the validity of the investigatory stop."

"In assessing whether the requisite degree of suspicion exists, we must determine whether the facts collectively establish reasonable suspicion." Campbell, 843 F.2d at 1093.

Can't be stopped because of the clothes you wear, and /or if a wearing a weapon is "conduct typical"...I am not sure how many people in the country OC...but the more who do it...the more it has to be considered "conduct typical"

I just love this part....

"In Weaver, Chief Judge Arnold, in his dissent from the majority decision upholding an investigatory stop, pointed out that "we have not yet come to the point in this country (except maybe in airports) when citizens must identify themselves to public employees." 966 F.2d at 396-97."

It is well established that "law enforcement officers do not violate the Fourth Amendment by merely approaching an individual on the street or in another public place ... [and] putting questions to him if the person is willing to listen." United States v. Campbell, 843 F.2d 1089, 1092 (8th Cir.1988) (quoting Florida v. Royer, 460 U.S. 491, 497, 103 S.Ct. 1319, 1324, 75 L.Ed.2d 229 (1983) (plurality)).

BTW....this is all 8th District..

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
This shirt is bound to cause a bit of a stir.

OC without regard for other opinions is indeed political in nature. Not because it should be, but because it has been allowed to drift from our founding fathers intent over the years without regard for the constitution.

There is no way anyone is going to do the same with speech, especially political speech.

The only debate one can employ with regards to the statement that shirt makes would be: "At what time would it be of greater benefit to quell ones own political position to further move that political position forward?"

And that my friend is the ONLY consideration I will have when deciding whether or not to wear it. If ANY government authority opts to violate my rights because of my own personal political freedom of expression in a peaceful manner, they will indeed find themselves facing legal repercussions to the maximum extent allowable by law.

zekester

I agree

I just love to find case law.

I expect my shirt in the next few days and will wear with pride...especially if I go into a "Defense Free Crime Zone"

xdmcompact

A couple different ways to make the shirt, put your own spin on it and still get the message out there.

Attachments

• open carry.jpg
    open carry.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 75
  • open carry 2.jpg
    open carry 2.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 74
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 79
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg