• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Airsoft guns in Colorado Springs

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm curious as to the restrictions, if any, of using an Airsoft gun within the Colorado Springs city limits.

I know BB gun use is banned within city limits, but what's the law with respect to Airsoft guns?

Half Live

imported post

It's against the law

9.7.104: DISCHARGE OF WEAPON:
A. It is unlawful for any person to wrongfully fire or discharge any cannon, gun, pistol, revolver, rifle, shotgun, air gun, BB gun, gas operated gun, spring gun, or firearm within the City. The discharge of firearms using only blank ammunition by the members of any military company when on parade or when engaged in an official ceremony, done in accord with the command of the commanding officers, shall not be deemed a violation, nor shall the discharge of firearms at shooting galleries as a licensed business, or as part of a business licensed or permitted to operate within the City be deemed a violation.

http://www.springsgov.com/Page.aspx?NavID=809

burdoglovr

It's against the law

9.7.104: DISCHARGE OF WEAPON:
A. It is unlawful for any person to wrongfully fire or discharge any cannon, gun, pistol, revolver, rifle, shotgun, air gun, BB gun, gas operated gun, spring gun, or firearm within the City. The discharge of firearms using only blank ammunition by the members of any military company when on parade or when engaged in an official ceremony, done in accord with the command of the commanding officers, shall not be deemed a violation, nor shall the discharge of firearms at shooting galleries as a licensed business, or as part of a business licensed or permitted to operate within the City be deemed a violation.

http://www.springsgov.com/Page.aspx?NavID=809

i know this is from a few years ago, but do you know if that also applies to those of us outside of city limits considered county?

Vader33

The ordinance says "within the city." So if you're out in unincorporated parts of El Paso County, you're probably fine. Probably not ok in any Open Space though. Google El Paso County ordinances to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk