Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some Wisconsin businesses you may not want to patronize

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Post imported post

Received a copy of Wisconsin WAVE newsletter.

The following businesses are listed as having made "in kind" donations to WAVE

Alterra Coffee Roasters
    Artasia Gallery
    Beans and Barley Restaurant
    Cuvee
    Kohl's

While something named "Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort" has that altruistic ring to it, the reality is that the majority of their "effort" is to deny law-abiding citizens the right to carry. Let these businesses know you don't appreciate their support of a group that wants to infringe on your rights.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Post imported post

http://alterracoffeepro.com/about/ca...ontact_us_faq/

Feel free to drop Alterra an email and let them know you will patronize Starbuck's who abides by state law instead:

For any comments, questions or concerns please e-mail us at alterra@alterracoffee.com
    Alterra Coffee's main offices are located at
    2999 N Humboldt Blvd. Milwaukee, WI 53212.
    Alterra Baking Company can be contacted at 414-273-3747
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Post imported post

http://www.beansandbarley.com/

BEANS & BARLEY MARKET & CAFE
    1901 EAST NORTH AVENUE
    MILWAUKEE, WI 53202

(414) 278-7878 CUSTOMER SERVICE / VOICE
    (414) 278-7800 MENU INFO LINE (recording)

email the owners of Beans and Barley and let them know you don't appreciate their supporting organizations that seek to eliminate the rights of law abiding citizens.

patty@beansandbarley.com
    lynn@beansandbarley.com
    pat@beansandbarley.com
    peg@beansandbarley.com

Banned

Post imported post

Aren't the Kohl's store linked to Herb Kohl?

Not only should emails be sent to the corporate Office but also to Kohl himself.

Post imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
    Aren't the Kohl's store linked to Herb Kohl?

Not only should emails be sent to the corporate Office but also to Kohl himself.
    I'm not sure Herb Kohl has anything to do with Kohl's department stores any longer. I think the Kohl family sold the business a long time ago.

But with his dismal record on gun issues he deserves a letter now and then just to remind him how off-base his views are....
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

Shotgun wrote:
    I'm not sure Herb Kohl has anything to do with Kohl's department stores any longer. I think the Kohl family sold the business a long time ago
    Well. let's see WIKI - pedia isn't reliable source according to the college professors, but is reports that the "Kohl" family left the business back in 1979.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohl%27s

So I'd say Kohl isn't affiliated with the store anymore

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
    Well. let's see WIKI - pedia isn't reliable source according to the college professors,
    I think that the cautionary admonition is not to use a Wiki as a 'primary source'. Investigating a new topic, like the law to an arrant Knight errant interrupter, a Wiki is a fine resource taken with a skeptical grain of salt.

Maybe our self-proclaimed 'professor' will chime in -- well, clunk in.

Believe nothing that you read or hear without verifying it yourself unless it fits your preexisting worldview. (That latter phrase is to excuse the invincibly ignorant.)

McX

Post imported post

this is one list i am proud not to be on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman View Post
    Let these businesses know you don't appreciate their support of a group that wants to infringe on your rights.
    Nik,
    I OC at Kohl's without issue. I will not boycott unless I am denied my right to carry. I would be curious to know just what the in kind donation that they made was. Anyone in the corp. organization could have donated anything. An in kind donation could be something rather insignificant. It is not like being a corporate sponsor.

Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort does have an atlruistic ring to it, even you admit. Not knowing thier true agenda, if I were approached to make a dontion, I probalbly would do so.

I guess this just does not seem to be an issue for me IF they don't have no-goun polices.

Is not WCI part of Wisconsin's overall anti-violence effort?

Personally, If they are a known offender, I see no problem with taking a proactive stance with them. Send emails, letters and make phone calls. Spending money with a known offender is, in my opinion, like shooting one's self in the foot. Supporting a business that takes an active role in undermining your Constitutional rights makes no sense to me at all. Frankly, I don't think we have time to be warm and fuzzy. The smaller the business, the more important your money is to them. Spend it elsewhere and make it known. I send receipts. Especially for big purchases or multiple purchases. I have sent copies of a years worth of purchases. This has an impact. In one case it was over $6000 dollars. This gets attention.

Good luck

hardballer out

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort does have an atlruistic ring to it, even you admit. Not knowing thier true agenda, if I were approached to make a dontion, I probalbly would do so.

That is true. The emails I sent to these organizations was more of a 'while an Anti Violence Effort is a noble cause, this particular organization defines anti violence as infringing on our 2nd amendment rights' and then asking the company to stop donating to a prejudiced/discriminatory organization. No real threat of a boycott but just letting them know I am watching them.

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    Personally, If they are a known offender, I see no problem with taking a proactive stance with them. Send emails, letters and make phone calls. Spending money with a known offender is, in my opinion, like shooting one's self in the foot. Supporting a business that takes an active role in undermining your Constitutional rights makes no sense to me at all. Frankly, I don't think we have time to be warm and fuzzy. The smaller the business, the more important your money is to them. Spend it elsewhere and make it known. I send receipts. Especially for big purchases or multiple purchases. I have sent copies of a years worth of purchases. This has an impact. In one case it was over $6000 dollars. This gets attention.

Good luck

hardballer out
    I would not consider, that making a in kind donation as taking an active role in undermining our Constitutional rights. I would consider it an inactive role, maybe unkowlingly. I don't know. Now, if Kohl's became a coporate sponsor, I would consider that an active role. But what IF they did they still did not have a no-gun policy and allowed customers to carry. WAVE's main selling point right now is criminals getting guns through the gun-show loophole.Maybe every gun show should have a FFL middle man to do the transfer for a private sale, AT THE GUN SHOW. No more loophole. Or is she really after private sales and registration system. I don't know that much about WAVE's agenda. I junst know that she sounds so stupid when she talks.

I would like to know what Kohl's donated to WAVE, a set of dish towels?

Banned

Registration necessary for confiscation.

Maybe every gun show should have a FFL middle man to do the transfer for a private sale, AT THE GUN SHOW. No more loophole.
    And no more unregistered transfers. Registration is necessary for confiscation.

The 'towels'? Crying towels.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    That is true. The emails I sent to these organizations was more of a 'while an Anti Violence Effort is a noble cause, this particular organization defines anti violence as infringing on our 2nd amendment rights' and then asking the company to stop donating to a prejudiced/discriminatory organization. No real threat of a boycott but just letting them know I am watching them.
    That sounds like a great idea.

I think "Blains Farm and Fleet" should be added to this list. I was told by two managers (in the Baraboo store) that the corprate policy is, "no wepons" in the store. Unless the person with the wepon is a leo. One of the managers names was Adam Husemann, he gave me a number to call, (608) 754-2821 and to talk to Gary Hilt. I have not had a chance to call Gary yet, but if anyone else can find the time, feel free.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    And no more unregistered transfers. Registration is necessary for confiscation.

The 'towels'? Crying towels.
    Where have all of the Libertarians gone?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Gleason View Post
    Where have all of the Libertarians gone?
    Long time passing. Trampled under boots of steel. The answer, my friend, is blowin' the wind. The answer is blowin the wind. LOL!!!!!!!!!!

And I see that one's own post turns on the new post icon. But not an edit.
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 06-27-2010 at 11:07 AM. Reason: afterthought observation

Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz View Post
    I think "Blains Farm and Fleet" should be added to this list. I was told by two managers (in the Baraboo store) that the corprate policy is, "no wepons" in the store. Unless the person with the wepon is a leo. One of the managers names was Adam Husemann, he gave me a number to call, (608) 754-2821 and to talk to Gary Hilt. I have not had a chance to call Gary yet, but if anyone else can find the time, feel free.
    Hmmm. I've OC'd in the Madison Blains Farm and Fleet multiple times without ever an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Hmmm. I've OC'd in the Madison Blains Farm and Fleet multiple times without ever an issue.
    I have oc'd in the Onalaska one without a problem also, but the Baraboo guys said no. That was only after the checkout girl charged me for an extra box of ammo and I had to go to the customer service desk for a refund. The next time I went in (Friday) with an empty holster to ask if it was a corporate policy or if they had decided to make a policy up for whatever reason. Both managers said it was corporate policy, then stated "I think at gander mountain they make you check them in at the door." I assured them it was not gm's policy, and told them what it was. They had to ask, "are you sure?" Like I would lie about something like that... Either way I ended up buying several large boxes of shotgun shells from gander later that day.

This is the polite yet firm response I received from:

Pat Sturgis
    Beans & Barley
    1901 E. North Ave.
    Milwaukee, WI 53202
    414-278-7878
    fx 278-6013

Pat Sturgis wrote:
    Well Dave, that's fine with me. While I fully support the right of the populace to maintain a well-regulated militia, and to keep and bear arms, and do myself enjoy gun ownership, I don't want you or anyone carrying concealed OR open weapons into our store. I have no confidence in your judgment or self-control. Thanks...

I have carried in Blain's as well without incident. Onalaska store.
    Last edited by hardballer; 06-27-2010 at 02:51 PM.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    This is the polite yet firm response I received from:

Pat Sturgis
    Beans & Barley
    1901 E. North Ave.
    Milwaukee, WI 53202
    414-278-7878
    fx 278-6013

Pat Sturgis wrote:
    Well Dave, that's fine with me. While I fully support the right of the populace to maintain a well-regulated militia, and to keep and bear arms, and do myself enjoy gun ownership, I don't want you or anyone carrying concealed OR open weapons into our store. I have no confidence in your judgment or self-control. Thanks...

I have carried in Blain's as well without incident. Onalaska store.
    I think this guy should be told to surrender his gun to the nearest LEO immediately, after all, "I have no confidence in his judgment or self-control."

Banned

Why involve the cops? Don't let him come on to YOUR property.

Quote Originally Posted by bnhcomputing View Post
    I think this guy should be told to surrender his gun to the nearest LEO immediately, after all, "I have no confidence in his judgment or self-control."
    Why involve the cops? Don't let him come on to YOUR property. He didn't call the cops, just sent a nice letter of trespass notice, here acknowledged.

Nik,
    I OC at Kohl's without issue. I will not boycott unless I am denied my right to carry. I would be curious to know just what the in kind donation that they made was. Anyone in the corp. organization could have donated anything. An in kind donation could be something rather insignificant. It is not like being a corporate sponsor.

I guess this just does not seem to be an issue for me IF they don't have no-goun polices.

Is not WCI part of Wisconsin's overall anti-violence effort?
    I agree. I also OC at Kohl's ALL the time.

As I said in my original post, let these organizations know they are supporting an organization that calls itself Anti-Violence, but really just uses the old failed 1990's mentality of banning guns from law-abiding people.

The fact that it could very likely be something like you said... Someone calls up and says "Hi I'm from the Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort, would you like to donate an item for our fundraiser" the organization may be fooled into donating without even knowing.

I believe that as customers of these places, thats where we can come in. Contact the organizations and let them know they are supporting a group that sounds noble, but is infringing on the law-abiding. Some of these organizations may quickly re-think what seemed like a "no brainer" donation knowing the true methods of WAVE and discontinue their "in-kind" donation.

If Jerri Bonavia wants to try to reduce violence in Wisconsin by going up to 35th and Vliet and telling all the convicted felons running around with guns to "stop the violence" I'd have no problem with WAVE. But WAVE's methodology is directed at those who never perpetrate crimes.

Kohls Carry

I have carried at the Kohls in Johnson Creek several times without incident.

Quote Originally Posted by bnhcomputing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    Why involve the cops? Don't let him come on to YOUR property. He didn't call the cops, just sent a nice letter of trespass notice, here acknowledged.
    Not feelin' the love here guys. The supreme court says so. Hehe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast