• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some Wisconsin businesses you may not want to patronize

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Received a copy of Wisconsin WAVE newsletter.

The following businesses are listed as having made "in kind" donations to WAVE

Alterra Coffee Roasters
Artasia Gallery
Beans and Barley Restaurant
Cuvee
Kohl's

While something named "Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort" has that altruistic ring to it, the reality is that the majority of their "effort" is to deny law-abiding citizens the right to carry. Let these businesses know you don't appreciate their support of a group that wants to infringe on your rights.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

http://alterracoffeepro.com/about/category/contact_us_faq/

Feel free to drop Alterra an email and let them know you will patronize Starbuck's who abides by state law instead:

For any comments, questions or concerns please e-mail us at alterra@alterracoffee.com
Alterra Coffee's main offices are located at
2999 N Humboldt Blvd. Milwaukee, WI 53212.
Alterra Baking Company can be contacted at 414-273-3747

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Aren't the Kohl's store linked to Herb Kohl?

Not only should emails be sent to the corporate Office but also to Kohl himself.
I'm not sure Herb Kohl has anything to do with Kohl's department stores any longer. I think the Kohl family sold the business a long time ago.

But with his dismal record on gun issues he deserves a letter now and then just to remind him how off-base his views are....

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
I'm not sure Herb Kohl has anything to do with Kohl's department stores any longer. I think the Kohl family sold the business a long time ago
Well. let's see WIKI - pedia isn't reliable source according to the college professors, but is reports that the "Kohl" family left the business back in 1979.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohl's

So I'd say Kohl isn't affiliated with the store anymore

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Well. let's see WIKI - pedia isn't reliable source according to the college professors,
I think that the cautionary admonition is not to use a Wiki as a 'primary source'. Investigating a new topic, like the law to an arrant Knight errant interrupter, a Wiki is a fine resource taken with a skeptical grain of salt.

Maybe our self-proclaimed 'professor' will chime in -- well, clunk in.

Believe nothing that you read or hear without verifying it yourself unless it fits your preexisting worldview. (That latter phrase is to excuse the invincibly ignorant.)

BROKENSPROKET

Let these businesses know you don't appreciate their support of a group that wants to infringe on your rights.

Nik,
I OC at Kohl's without issue. I will not boycott unless I am denied my right to carry. I would be curious to know just what the in kind donation that they made was. Anyone in the corp. organization could have donated anything. An in kind donation could be something rather insignificant. It is not like being a corporate sponsor.

Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort does have an atlruistic ring to it, even you admit. Not knowing thier true agenda, if I were approached to make a dontion, I probalbly would do so.

I guess this just does not seem to be an issue for me IF they don't have no-goun polices.

Is not WCI part of Wisconsin's overall anti-violence effort?

hardballer

Personally, If they are a known offender, I see no problem with taking a proactive stance with them. Send emails, letters and make phone calls. Spending money with a known offender is, in my opinion, like shooting one's self in the foot. Supporting a business that takes an active role in undermining your Constitutional rights makes no sense to me at all. Frankly, I don't think we have time to be warm and fuzzy. The smaller the business, the more important your money is to them. Spend it elsewhere and make it known. I send receipts. Especially for big purchases or multiple purchases. I have sent copies of a years worth of purchases. This has an impact. In one case it was over $6000 dollars. This gets attention.

Good luck

hardballer out

paul@paul-fisher.com

Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort does have an atlruistic ring to it, even you admit. Not knowing thier true agenda, if I were approached to make a dontion, I probalbly would do so.

That is true. The emails I sent to these organizations was more of a 'while an Anti Violence Effort is a noble cause, this particular organization defines anti violence as infringing on our 2nd amendment rights' and then asking the company to stop donating to a prejudiced/discriminatory organization. No real threat of a boycott but just letting them know I am watching them.

BROKENSPROKET

Personally, If they are a known offender, I see no problem with taking a proactive stance with them. Send emails, letters and make phone calls. Spending money with a known offender is, in my opinion, like shooting one's self in the foot. Supporting a business that takes an active role in undermining your Constitutional rights makes no sense to me at all. Frankly, I don't think we have time to be warm and fuzzy. The smaller the business, the more important your money is to them. Spend it elsewhere and make it known. I send receipts. Especially for big purchases or multiple purchases. I have sent copies of a years worth of purchases. This has an impact. In one case it was over $6000 dollars. This gets attention.

Good luck

hardballer out

I would not consider, that making a in kind donation as taking an active role in undermining our Constitutional rights. I would consider it an inactive role, maybe unkowlingly. I don't know. Now, if Kohl's became a coporate sponsor, I would consider that an active role. But what IF they did they still did not have a no-gun policy and allowed customers to carry. WAVE's main selling point right now is criminals getting guns through the gun-show loophole.Maybe every gun show should have a FFL middle man to do the transfer for a private sale, AT THE GUN SHOW. No more loophole. Or is she really after private sales and registration system. I don't know that much about WAVE's agenda. I junst know that she sounds so stupid when she talks.

I would like to know what Kohl's donated to WAVE, a set of dish towels?

BROKENSPROKET

That is true. The emails I sent to these organizations was more of a 'while an Anti Violence Effort is a noble cause, this particular organization defines anti violence as infringing on our 2nd amendment rights' and then asking the company to stop donating to a prejudiced/discriminatory organization. No real threat of a boycott but just letting them know I am watching them.

That sounds like a great idea.

Mlutz

I think "Blains Farm and Fleet" should be added to this list. I was told by two managers (in the Baraboo store) that the corprate policy is, "no wepons" in the store. Unless the person with the wepon is a leo. One of the managers names was Adam Husemann, he gave me a number to call, (608) 754-2821 and to talk to Gary Hilt. I have not had a chance to call Gary yet, but if anyone else can find the time, feel free.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I think "Blains Farm and Fleet" should be added to this list. I was told by two managers (in the Baraboo store) that the corprate policy is, "no wepons" in the store. Unless the person with the wepon is a leo. One of the managers names was Adam Husemann, he gave me a number to call, (608) 754-2821 and to talk to Gary Hilt. I have not had a chance to call Gary yet, but if anyone else can find the time, feel free.

Hmmm. I've OC'd in the Madison Blains Farm and Fleet multiple times without ever an issue.

Mlutz

Hmmm. I've OC'd in the Madison Blains Farm and Fleet multiple times without ever an issue.

I have oc'd in the Onalaska one without a problem also, but the Baraboo guys said no. That was only after the checkout girl charged me for an extra box of ammo and I had to go to the customer service desk for a refund. The next time I went in (Friday) with an empty holster to ask if it was a corporate policy or if they had decided to make a policy up for whatever reason. Both managers said it was corporate policy, then stated "I think at gander mountain they make you check them in at the door." I assured them it was not gm's policy, and told them what it was. They had to ask, "are you sure?" Like I would lie about something like that... Either way I ended up buying several large boxes of shotgun shells from gander later that day.

hardballer

This is the polite yet firm response I received from:

Pat Sturgis
Beans & Barley
1901 E. North Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53202
414-278-7878
fx 278-6013

Pat Sturgis wrote:
Well Dave, that's fine with me. While I fully support the right of the populace to maintain a well-regulated militia, and to keep and bear arms, and do myself enjoy gun ownership, I don't want you or anyone carrying concealed OR open weapons into our store. I have no confidence in your judgment or self-control. Thanks...

I have carried in Blain's as well without incident. Onalaska store.

Last edited: