• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some Wisconsin businesses you may not want to patronize

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
This is the polite yet firm response I received from:

Pat Sturgis
Beans & Barley
1901 E. North Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53202
414-278-7878
fx 278-6013

Pat Sturgis wrote:
Well Dave, that's fine with me. While I fully support the right of the populace to maintain a well-regulated militia, and to keep and bear arms, and do myself enjoy gun ownership, I don't want you or anyone carrying concealed OR open weapons into our store. I have no confidence in your judgment or self-control. Thanks...

I have carried in Blain's as well without incident. Onalaska store.
I think this guy should be told to surrender his gun to the nearest LEO immediately, after all, "I have no confidence in his judgment or self-control."

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Why involve the cops? Don't let him come on to YOUR property.

I think this guy should be told to surrender his gun to the nearest LEO immediately, after all, "I have no confidence in his judgment or self-control."
Why involve the cops? Don't let him come on to YOUR property. He didn't call the cops, just sent a nice letter of trespass notice, here acknowledged.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Nik,
I OC at Kohl's without issue. I will not boycott unless I am denied my right to carry. I would be curious to know just what the in kind donation that they made was. Anyone in the corp. organization could have donated anything. An in kind donation could be something rather insignificant. It is not like being a corporate sponsor.

Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort does have an atlruistic ring to it, even you admit. Not knowing thier true agenda, if I were approached to make a dontion, I probalbly would do so.

I guess this just does not seem to be an issue for me IF they don't have no-goun polices.

Is not WCI part of Wisconsin's overall anti-violence effort?

I agree. I also OC at Kohl's ALL the time.

As I said in my original post, let these organizations know they are supporting an organization that calls itself Anti-Violence, but really just uses the old failed 1990's mentality of banning guns from law-abiding people.

The fact that it could very likely be something like you said... Someone calls up and says "Hi I'm from the Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort, would you like to donate an item for our fundraiser" the organization may be fooled into donating without even knowing.

I believe that as customers of these places, thats where we can come in. Contact the organizations and let them know they are supporting a group that sounds noble, but is infringing on the law-abiding. Some of these organizations may quickly re-think what seemed like a "no brainer" donation knowing the true methods of WAVE and discontinue their "in-kind" donation.

If Jerri Bonavia wants to try to reduce violence in Wisconsin by going up to 35th and Vliet and telling all the convicted felons running around with guns to "stop the violence" I'd have no problem with WAVE. But WAVE's methodology is directed at those who never perpetrate crimes.

hardballer

Why involve the cops? Don't let him come on to YOUR property. He didn't call the cops, just sent a nice letter of trespass notice, here acknowledged.

Not feelin' the love here guys. The supreme court says so. Hehe.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Blain's Farm & Fleet confirms no guns policy

Here's a response I received from Blain's Farm & Fleet:

Dear Mr. Gold,

Thank you for your inquiry. Blain's Farm & Fleet does have a "Weapons Free Environment" policy. Our policy reads in part, "To safeguard our employees, our customers and the general public, we absolutely prohibit any employee, vendor, supplier or customer to bring or possess firearms (including but not limited to handguns, regardless of any authorized permit), explosives or any dangerous weapons or objects on Blain's Farm & Fleet premises or at Blain's Farm & Fleet sponsored events."

Best Regards,
Gary H.
Vice President - Loss Prevention / Risk Management

paul@paul-fisher.com

no more farm and fleet for me.

Same here.

Here's the email I just sent them:

I saw your response from Gary H, the VP of loss prevention stating that legal carrying of firearms in your store will not be allowed.

As a member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc, I wish to let you know that until this policy is rescinded, you will not be receiving any more of my business.

Please realize that criminals already carry in your stores and since you do not give me a way to defend myself, I will not subject myself possible crime.

Last edited:

Mlutz

Thank you shotgun. Now that it is in writing, that is the last straw... No more f&f for this guy... Even if they do have super cheap ammo...

hardballer

Just fired this note off to Blain's Farm & Fleet.. .

I read your response to a query by a member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.; from Gary H, the VP of loss prevention, stating that legal carrying of firearms in your store will not be allowed.

As a member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc. and writer of a political/economic blog, I have a keen interest in the 1st amendment and as a Constitutional Conservative, the 2nd Amendment. I hold the other 8 Amendments of the Bill of Rights dear as well. The Bill of Rights was not written to be a group of suggestions. I wish to let you know that until this policy is rescinded, you will not be receiving any more of my business. Dollars going elsewhere. Laugh now but soon, you will not laugh so hard. You know. . . . . You know very well where things are going.

Please realize that criminals already carry concealed weapons into your stores. Guns, knives etc. They don't give a rip about your ignorant rules. Since you do not give me a way to defend myself, I will not subject myself to a possible crime. I will spend my dollars at Fleet Farm or anywhere else that does respect my rights and does not spit on the Flag by denying my rights, for that matter and I assure you, so will thousands of my friends and readers from now on.

However, If someone does commit an act of violence in your store, because you are in flagrant disregard of federal and state guidelines concerning Open Carry in Wisconsin, you are ignoring the 2nd Amendment by disallowing Federal and state Constitutional Law, I think it is possible that you are open to litigation here. You; very well, could be sued for damages by an unarmed citizen victim. A citizen you disarmed. A citizen harmed in your store or parking lot because you believed bad people would respect your ignorant rules.

You allow dangerous concealed weapons on your property and into your store by not scanning or frisking everyone who enters. You allow dangerous weapons into your store by not providing aggressive security for each customer. The weapons are there whether you want them to be or not. All you are accomplishing is disarming the innocent and law abiding, setting your customers and yourselves up for disaster.

I'm sure you are aware that statistically, every 15th person in Wisconsin is illegally armed. Felons, robbers, punks, gang bangers, thugs, car jackers, etc. Every 15th person. That statistic is a few years old too, so there are probably more illegal weapons today. I think it is a prime opportunity to sue you for damages and with today's laws, you are dangerously exposed to risk here. Lots of risk. For denying your customers their Constitutional right to bear arms. Say? Are your parking lots video survailed? Do you have security guards looking out for your customers? I think not!

I'll pass my hypothesis on to a few ambulance chasers I know and several different Wisconsin forums which translates into several thousands of Wisconsin Residents and see what everybody thinks. Heck, this might even be better than picketing or boycotting your business. A couple of very public lawsuits by grievously injured customers, due to your draconian, fascist rules and heck, Fleet Farm has a payday.

So good luck with that trashing the Constitution business and have a great day.

Hardballer.

Wisconsin Citizen
Political Blog Writer
Husband
Consumer

Last edited:

Mlutz

hardballer... I dont know what I can say here... Thank you... Also, thank you to everyone else who has sent in letters... You guys are great. I am proud to be a part of Wisconsin Carry.

AdamXD

I read your response to a query by a member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.; from Gary H, the VP of loss prevention, stating that legal carrying of firearms in your store will not be allowed.

As a member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc. and writer of a political/economic blog, I have a keen interest in the 1st amendment and as a Constitutional Conservative, the 2nd Amendment. I hold the other 8 Amendments of the Bill of Rights dear as well. The Bill of Rights was not written to be a group of suggestions. I wish to let you know that until this policy is rescinded, you will not be receiving any more of my business. Dollars going elsewhere. Laugh now but soon, you will not laugh so hard. You know. . . . . You know very well where things are going.

Please realize that criminals already carry concealed weapons into your stores. Guns, knives etc. They don't give a rip about your ignorant rules. Since you do not give me a way to defend myself, I will not subject myself to a possible crime. I will spend my dollars at Fleet Farm or anywhere else that does respect my rights and does not spit on the Flag by denying my rights, for that matter and I assure you, so will thousands of my friends and readers from now on.

However, If someone does commit an act of violence in your store, because you are in flagrant disregard of federal and state guidelines concerning Open Carry in Wisconsin, you are ignoring the 2nd Amendment by disallowing Federal and state Constitutional Law, I think it is possible that you are open to litigation here. You; very well, could be sued for damages by an unarmed citizen victim. A citizen you disarmed. A citizen harmed in your store or parking lot because you believed bad people would respect your ignorant rules.

You allow dangerous concealed weapons on your property and into your store by not scanning or frisking everyone who enters. You allow dangerous weapons into your store by not providing aggressive security for each customer. The weapons are there whether you want them to be or not. All you are accomplishing is disarming the innocent and law abiding, setting your customers and yourselves up for disaster.

I'm sure you are aware that statistically, every 15th person in Wisconsin is illegally armed. Felons, robbers, punks, gang bangers, thugs, car jackers, etc. Every 15th person. That statistic is a few years old too, so there are probably more illegal weapons today. I think it is a prime opportunity to sue you for damages and with today's laws, you are dangerously exposed to risk here. Lots of risk. For denying your customers their Constitutional right to bear arms. Say? Are your parking lots video survailed? Do you have security guards looking out for your customers? I think not!

I'll pass my hypothesis on to a few ambulance chasers I know and several different Wisconsin forums which translates into several thousands of Wisconsin Residents and see what everybody thinks. Heck, this might even be better than picketing or boycotting your business. A couple of very public lawsuits by grievously injured customers, due to your draconian, fascist rules and heck, Fleet Farm has a payday.

So good luck with that trashing the Constitution business and have a great day.

David Landro.

Wisconsin Citizen
Political Blog Writer
Husband
Consumer

+1000

Beautifully said hardballer! If I ever need a strongly worded letter of disagreement with a business, I am turning to you.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
This is the reply that I sent to Blain's Farm & Fleet:

Dear Gary,

Thanks for responding to my inquiry regarding the Blain's Farm & Fleet firearms policy.

And thank you for the concern about safeguarding everyone. However it is called self-defense for a reason. If I had reason to have great confidence in other people safeguarding me, or great doubts about my ability to provide for my self-defense, then I probably would not carry a gun and I would rely upon others for my security.

However, Blain's policy greatly reduces my means of self-defense, and I see no evidence at the stores that Blain's ability to protect it's customers is anything more than a phone to call the police in the event of a crime. I carry a cellphone, I could call the police myself. But there is a popular adage, "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." which is more important for its serious truthfulness than its cleverness. So the way I read it, Blain's policy is, "In the event of a crime, there's no need to call the police. We'll be happy to do it for you." Is that a fair summary?

Therefore your company policy offers no enhancement to my security, but rather it inhibits it.

I used to tell people that if Farm & Fleet sold milk and bread I would not have to shop anywhere else. Now I will have to amend that to include "... milk and bread and respected my rights."

I am sad that I'll have to end over 25 years of regularly shopping at Farm & Fleet. But driving an extra mile or two to buy the products I want at Menards, Wal-Mart, and other businesses that do not inhibit my ability to provide for my security will be worth it.

hardballer

Dear Gary,

Thanks for responding to my inquiry regarding the Blain's Farm & Fleet firearms policy.

And thank you for the concern about safeguarding everyone. However it is called self-defense for a reason. If I had reason to have great confidence in other people safeguarding me, or great doubts about my ability to provide for my self-defense, then I probably would not carry a gun and I would rely upon others for my security.

However, Blain's policy greatly reduces my means of self-defense, and I see no evidence at the stores that Blain's ability to protect it's customers is anything more than a phone to call the police in the event of a crime. I carry a cellphone, I could call the police myself. But there is a popular adage, "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." which is more important for its serious truthfulness than its cleverness. So the way I read it, Blain's policy is, "In the event of a crime, there's no need to call the police. We'll be happy to do it for you." Is that a fair summary?

Therefore your company policy offers no enhancement to my security, but rather it inhibits it.

I used to tell people that if Farm & Fleet sold milk and bread I would not have to shop anywhere else. Now I will have to amend that to include "... milk and bread and respected my rights."

I am sad that I'll have to end over 25 years of regularly shopping at Farm & Fleet. But driving an extra mile or two to buy the products I want at Menards, Wal-Mart, and other businesses that do not inhibit my ability to provide for my security will be worth it.

Yup, that's what I'm talkin' about! +1000

I've been shopping there for at least the last 25 years. Pet supplies, garden implements, Lawn mowers, great tool dept and hardware dept. Work boots, clothing, I mean it goes on and on. I was just in there for spark plugs. Heck this is really something to think about. They stand to loose a significant dollar amount if just a few of us stop purchases.

Sad to see it go this way but hey, there are plenty of other stores much more deserving of my dollar bills, cash, bucks, greenbacks, etc. Oh, I forgot, my credit cards, debit cards, checks, purchase orders etc. I will have to find my way through Walmart and Fleet Farm of course is the premiere self relience store.

Thanks Shotgun, I love it when a plan comes together.

You see, there are those out there that would say this is Blain's prerogative but this is not true. They are poking a sharp stick in our collective eye because of their political leanings. They want to hurt us and our cause. This is not for the customer's benefit by a long shot. There is just to much empirical evidence available today, that supports the exact opposite of their ignorant stand. This is a blatant, liberal, Brady Bunch, political maneuver designed to screw with us. They are actually screwing with the majority of their customer base.

Not that most folks would choose to carry in their store but with the majority of their customers ideologies. That being self relience, independence etc. It is notable that they replied with a text book, Brady Campaign, socio-fascist, retort to the OPs query just a few days before July 4th. A holiday most liberals would just as soon forget or find a suitable mascot like Santa or the Easter Bunny to draw attention away from it's original meanings.

This July 4th, I am celebrating my association with Open Carry.Org and Wisconsin Carry,Inc. The premiere 2nd Amendment advocate in Wisconsin and a superb example for each and every other state to follow. Kudos to Nik and Hubert and everyone else who has worked to make us strong. I salute you all and thank you. I am also very proud of the solidarity demonstrated by this group of patriots. Now let's keep the pressure up on those turds and squash their desire to restrict our Constitutionally guaranteed right to bear arms.

Have a great July 4th

Hardballer out!

Last edited:

BJA

Campaign Veteran
Well it looks like the sh*t hit the fan! The man's mall ( Farm & Fleet) is going to lose allott of business..... well I guess I wont feel bad by going to wal-mart anymore.

comp45acp

When contacting Farm & Fleet it would probably be a good idea to contact their chief financial officer, William Schendt. This is often more effective than contacting corporate policy people.
The CFO is the person held accountable for the profits of a corporation. When he finds out the company will be losing sales due to this decision he may well object to it.

Mr. William Schendt
Chief Financial Officer
Blain's Supply Inc.
P.O. Box 391
Janesville, WI 53547-0391

AaronS

Hmm...

I have never had any problem at the Farm and Fleet in Germantown (it is a Mills). I have never asked (and won't), but I carry all the time in that store...
Sounds like Blains needs to get a clue...

paul@paul-fisher.com

I have never had any problem at the Farm and Fleet in Germantown (it is a Mills). I have never asked (and won't), but I carry all the time in that store...
Sounds like Blains needs to get a clue...

That is a different company. There is Mills Fleet Farm and Blains Farm & Fleet.

We are talking about Blains Farm & Fleet.