Thread: Renewing CC license

Post imported post

Does anybody know how far in advance of the expiration date you can renew your CPL?

I usually go in a couple of months early but have been told that they now make you wait until the month it is due.

Bill

Post imported post

Bill45 wrote:
    Does anybody know how far in advance of the expiration date you can renew your CPL?

I usually go in a couple of months early but have been told that they now make you wait until the month it is due.

Bill
    90 days exactly.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

RCW 9.41.070 says within 90 days before or after the expiration.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

And if it is afterward, they will charge you an extra fee....(there is a reason I know that).

Good part was that they typed it out while I waited, and laminated it for me for an extra $.50.

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd piggyback on this one, seeing as how my question is CC related and will likely be answered fairly quickly, much like the OP's question.

I will be 21 on July 1st, at which time I intend on applying for my WA CPL. I am also a full time student at WWU, and as such, I live in Bellingham; however, I have my permanent address listed as my parent's address in unincorporated Oak Harbor. So my question comes down to location. Should I apply with the Bellingham Police Department/Whatcom County Sheriff, or should I apply with the Island County Sheriff?

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
    Quote Originally Posted by k.rollin View Post
    Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd piggyback on this one, seeing as how my question is CC related and will likely be answered fairly quickly, much like the OP's question.

I will be 21 on July 1st, at which time I intend on applying for my WA CPL. I am also a full time student at WWU, and as such, I live in Bellingham; however, I have my permanent address listed as my parent's address in unincorporated Oak Harbor. So my question comes down to location. Should I apply with the Bellingham Police Department/Whatcom County Sheriff, or should I apply with the Island County Sheriff?
    What address is on your ID? I believe that it was they go by.

Quote Originally Posted by 911Boss View Post
    What address is on your ID? I believe that it was they go by.
    They also check with WSP. If the adress on your DL does not match that on the CPL app you will get a call from the processing clerk. Can mean delays because in those offices where the wait the full 30 days, the time starts from the time the application is reviewed and deemed complete.

The address on my ID is in Island County, so based on what I'm hearing from you folks, it's where I ought to apply.

Yeah, you have to apply in the jurisdiction for whatever address the DOL has on file for you. My plastic ID has my Spokane address on it, but I changed my vehicle registration and my address with the DOL to my Pullman address. The lady at the DOL just taped a piece of paper to the back with my new address to use until my current license expires and I get a new one. So, I applied in Pullman on my birthday and got my CPL 13 days later. I love where I live!

Cool. Thanks for all the help folks!