• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Renewing CC license

Bill45

imported post

Does anybody know how far in advance of the expiration date you can renew your CPL?

I usually go in a couple of months early but have been told that they now make you wait until the month it is due.

Bill

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bill45 wrote:
Does anybody know how far in advance of the expiration date you can renew your CPL?

I usually go in a couple of months early but have been told that they now make you wait until the month it is due.

Bill
90 days exactly.

oneeyeross

And if it is afterward, they will charge you an extra fee....(there is a reason I know that).

Good part was that they typed it out while I waited, and laminated it for me for an extra $.50.

k.rollin

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd piggyback on this one, seeing as how my question is CC related and will likely be answered fairly quickly, much like the OP's question.

I will be 21 on July 1st, at which time I intend on applying for my WA CPL. I am also a full time student at WWU, and as such, I live in Bellingham; however, I have my permanent address listed as my parent's address in unincorporated Oak Harbor. So my question comes down to location. Should I apply with the Bellingham Police Department/Whatcom County Sheriff, or should I apply with the Island County Sheriff?

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd piggyback on this one, seeing as how my question is CC related and will likely be answered fairly quickly, much like the OP's question.

I will be 21 on July 1st, at which time I intend on applying for my WA CPL. I am also a full time student at WWU, and as such, I live in Bellingham; however, I have my permanent address listed as my parent's address in unincorporated Oak Harbor. So my question comes down to location. Should I apply with the Bellingham Police Department/Whatcom County Sheriff, or should I apply with the Island County Sheriff?

What address is on your ID? I believe that it was they go by.

amlevin

What address is on your ID? I believe that it was they go by.

They also check with WSP. If the adress on your DL does not match that on the CPL app you will get a call from the processing clerk. Can mean delays because in those offices where the wait the full 30 days, the time starts from the time the application is reviewed and deemed complete.

FlyerAce128

Yeah, you have to apply in the jurisdiction for whatever address the DOL has on file for you. My plastic ID has my Spokane address on it, but I changed my vehicle registration and my address with the DOL to my Pullman address. The lady at the DOL just taped a piece of paper to the back with my new address to use until my current license expires and I get a new one. So, I applied in Pullman on my birthday and got my CPL 13 days later. I love where I live!