• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Junction City and geary county?

Jacksdad08

I want to know what the laws are for junction city kansas manhattan and geary county and I cannot find them. I am in the military but I still want to know if its ok to open carry in these areas without a Concealed weapons permit. I want to get a Concealed weapons permit just gonna take some time. But I would like to know what are my limits legally police in junction city are idiots. they don't answer any questions. thank you to anyone who replys

Last edited:

marine0300

Jacksdad08

This might help.

Below is the link for Junction City be careful there is some disagreement about whether JC is unloaded open carry?

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?66891-Junction-City-Unloaded-Open-Carry

Manhattan is open carry

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?66786-Manhattan-Open-Carry

A right unexercised is a right lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kansas just passed a law allowing military to obtain a CCW immediately

Thank you I would like to attain a CCW but do you know how long the process takes and how much it costs I do not even know where to start? how long is the background check? What do I need to do?

rjohn60

CCW Class

Thank you I would like to attain a CCW but do you know how long the process takes and how much it costs I do not even know where to start? how long is the background check? What do I need to do?

Ogden Gun Range (just outside Ft. Riley gate) has concealed carry classes. Check with them to see when the next one is. The August class was 8-15-10; the next one will be in September. Cost is $100 for military. The Kansas Attorney General website has the requirements for a CCW license. Basically it's the CCW class, application (downloaded from the AG site), one passport picture, copy of your drivers license, copy of the CCW class certificate, fingerprints (RCPD or Geary sheriff, depending on where you live), two checks (personal check is fine), one check to the sheriff ($32.50) and one to the AG ($100). The sheriff and AG do the background checks and have a minimum of 40 days to get it done. I believe the maximum is 60 days, but it may be 90. Kansas is a "must issue" state, meaning that as long as you meet the requirements and have no disqualifying issues in your background the AG must issue the CCW permit. Then, take the letter from the AG to the drivers license examining station, and they make the license ($15). You use the paper the drivers license station gives you as your license until you get your actual license in the mail.