• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd amendment celebrations?

wewd

Not sure that I will have anything to celebrate. Anything less than P or I with strict scrutiny will be a disappointment for liberty, but my expectations are set sufficiently low that nothing is going to shock me. The tyrants in the robes are no better than the ones in the suits. In fact I'd say they are worse, since only God has the power to vote them out.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Maybe those who want to celebrate should join the festivities in Sacramento on July 12th. I'm seriously thinking about going up. We could have a congo line going right out the door of the Appropriations Committee room and remind them one-after-another of what the SCOTUS decided in the McDonald case!

Congo line ---> :monkey:monkey:monkey

Appropriations Committee ---> :uhoh:

(Had to abbreviate the congo line due to the new forum rules.)

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
I'm back in the saddle again - Gene Autry

I'm back in the saddle again
Out where a friend is a friend
Where the longhorn cattle feed
On the lowly gypsum weed
Back in the saddle again

Ridin' the range once more
Totin' my old .44
Where you sleep out every night
And the only law is right
Back in the saddle again

Whoopi-ty-aye-oh
Rockin' to and fro
Back in the saddle again
Whoopi-ty-aye-yay
I go my way
Back in the saddle again

(Repeat)

Gundude

My own little private party will include open carrying all day long going about my normal lawful business.

Looking forward to our big shindig.

Speaking of shindigs, I have access to a rec room, swimming pool, bbq's, lotsa parking, and a big shade tree. All I need is a date to reserve it.

Ca Patriot

Unfortunately even if the McDonald ruling goes our way it will still be YEARS before all gun rights and freedoms are returned to California and their residents.

Dont expect any CCW's until Sykes is resolved.

Dont expect any high cap mags.

Dont expect any .50 rifles.

Dont expect any good AR's to be legal.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.

Gundude

My glass is half full.
We had Heller, though narrow in scope, that established that the 2 A is an individual right. Truely a landmark case. Now, we have McDonald that will incorporate the 2A against all the states. Another landmark case. This sets the stage for all the other cases waiting in the wings. These will sort out the nuts and bolts of the previous decisions. You are right that it may take years, but we are well on the way.
I'll be Uriah Upper.

PincheOgro1

I just woke up. I wasn't expecting any news till later in the afternoon. This is a good thing. oooh Raaaaah...

I just hope we don't have a bunch o drunksstart shooting up the town. Shooting in the air.

It only takes one idiot to ruin it for everyone else.