• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Non-Resident Carry in Michigan

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Thank You Dr. Todd,
You made perfect sense of it all. I will get my PA or Utah CCL before I come to Michigan again then we will give the OC a test run. I will have to study that list of no go places again. Seems kind of odd that they will let OC in the pistol free zones with a non-resident CCL from another state, but concealed with a CCL from a home state. Like a lot of the statutes it really doesn't make sense. Thanks for all the good info.

In bits and pieces, they sort of do. It's when you put them all together that it really is messed up.
You know, they say making law is like making sausage... you really don't want to see how they do it...