• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to OC

Kastroker

Hey,

I am new to OC'ing, I also just got my first handgun, SA-XD-9. I am at a point where i feel i am proficient enough to carry and have read the laws. I am just still a little leary about dealing with getting hassled by LEOs. I live in Bothell and am not sure about how OC is accepted in the area. Anyone in the area with any advice/stories/experience. Also since i have not gotten a CPL yet i am curious about how to unload, put gun in car, and then reload and holster when i get somewhere without "warranting alarm." any suggestions? I have been reading the forum for a little while now and have not found anything on this subject yet.

Batousaii

Welcome

Glad you joined up.
- Although i dont live in Bothel, my experiences out and about while OC have all been positive. I have noticed alot of awareness, especially since the whole hoopla over Starbucks went on a media frenzy. Seems more peeps know than did a year or two ago. I always carry a couple fliers and a recorder to cover myself if it ever arises. So far all good. I carry a Ruger Vaquero in a western rig, so it's hard to "not notice", even with that, i get more positive conversations and interested peoples than anything negative.

Welcome aboard,

Bat

USMC1911

WELCOME
I am new also, I have been OC'ing for just a few months now. So far all is good, have not been "pulled over" by a LEO, yet. Lots of good info here, if you can not find it, just ask, some one will help you.
Semper Fi

sudden valley gunner

You can always Israeli carry. That's what I did, I would just leave the chamber empty and carry in a serpa holster so I can remove and insert my magazine discreetly.