• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Roanoke,VA: Any OC even/dinner/picnic? Please let me know...

ElevenBravo

Salem, Roanoke or Vinton... Id like to attend any OC dinner/outing/picnic to get to know others, for stimulating discussion and fellowship.

Kind regards,
Andrew

HORAH!

t33j

Recent VA-ALERT
Subscribe here

1. Restaurants for the July 1st restaurant carry celebrations

Here are the restaurants that we have chosen for the July 1st, 7 PM, celebration of the new concealed carry in restaurants law. The number in parentheses is the number who have RSVPed so far. They are listed in order from the largest number of attendees to the smallest.

How about a little friendly competition? Who will have the biggest celebration? Norfolk is the clear leader so far and Roanoke/Salem/Vinton trailing.

A celebratory cake will be hand-delivered to the largest group! The cut off date for RSVPs will be midnight, June 27th, with the winner announced on June 28th.

Mona Lisa Pizza (39)
9583 Shore Drive (East Beach Shoppes)
Norfolk
http://www.monalisaspizzaov.com/

O'Charley's (29)
9927 Mayland Drive (intersection with Gaskins Road)
Richmond

Champps Americana (28)
11694 Plaza America Drive
Reston 20190

Uncle Julio's (26)
14900 Potomac Town Place
Suite 150
Woodbridge, VA 22191

Country Grill (15)
1215-a George Washington Hwy. Rt.17
Yorktown, Va. 23693
http://countygrill.net/

Topeka's (12)
Pantops
1791 Richmond Road
Charlottesville 22911

Famous Anthony's (8)
323 E. Virginia Ave.
Vinton (Roanoke/Salem area)

If you have NOT sent me an RSVP yet and wish to attend one of the above celebrations, reply to this alert and change the subject line to the city where the restaurant is located and the number in your party. Like this:

Subject: Vinton - 3

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
We occasionally have OC dinners up here in Lynchburg so feel free to come along. Lately they've been last minute gatherings of those of us who already know each other, but we can probably do something a bit more formal so others from out of town or not already known to some of us can join in. :)

ElevenBravo

No need for anything formal, Im broke and your gonna make me dress up! HA HA!

Im pretty laid back, just PM me date, time and address for the TomTom and Ill do my best to make it!

Cheers,
Andrew

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Ha! I didn't mean formal as in getting dressed up or I wouldn't be there myself. :) I meant formal planning as in laying out a time and place more than perhaps a day in advance with some of the folks we already know up here. Heck we've probably met every month since our last formally planned dinner, but it just hasn't been posted here. We'll let you know when we've got something up next!

ainfantry7

ElevenBravo, glad to see you've joined the site!

I've met jmelvin before at an OC dinner I hosted at the Olive Garden, he made the drive down for me, so I was planning on making the drive for a dinner up there with him sometime. Maybe we can all get something going soon. I've got three other possibles that might make the trip.

I'm at Ft. Bragg, but I make the drive up to VA on some weekends. I won't be able to make the Famous A's dinner since it's during the week, but weekends are a go...

So if you wanted to carpool or something just let me know. PM me and I'll give you my phone number...Same for you jmelvin...

200801160048qd6.jpg

Oh, and watch that knife cutting edge in your avatar...put someone's eye out with that thing...haha.

Last edited:

Tosta Dojen

You still out there Tosta Dojan? It'd be great to have you again!

I'm around, I've just been keeping a low profile lately. Also my two little girls are taking up a great deal of my otherwise free time and money, so I haven't been getting out much. I probably wouldn't be able to do a restaurant given my current constraints. I'd be more amenable to a summertime hot dog cookout in the park type of thing; it's less expensive, and my older girl can run around to her heart's content instead of being stuck in a chair.

ElevenBravo

Im thinking of doing something like that this July, a wienie roast of sorts. Ill bring the grill and dogs, and the guest can bring the assorted accessories like ketchup and buns and plates.

Well, something like that anyway....

Ill be posting in this section, a new thread.

Andrew