• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Regarding school zones.

DoubleAgentMan

Activist Member
I am sure this has been asked a ton of times, but I was looking for something a little more specific as to how the law works. From what I have read if you are within 1000 feet of a school zone with a weapon and you do not have permission or are a on-duty LEO than it is considered illegal. My issue is that I am on the opposite corner of a school. My apartment window is in direct view of the school itself and is close enough that I could shout at someone in their parking lot from it. I am assuming that in my house I am OK since it is my home and I have the right to legally possess in my own home, but what about the parking lot which is even closer to this school? If I am walking from my home to my car would I be in violation? How about when I am driving from the driveway on the main street, which is the same street the school is on?

Sabotage70

As long as you step "foot" on school property you are good to go.

During the primary elections I parked across the street, pulled my firearm out of my holster, placed it under my seat(I know not the best place) and walked in with my empty holster. Nothing was said to me.

You must be from CA right?

DoubleAgentMan

Activist Member
Originally yes haha, but have been a NV resident for a while now. I just wanted to make sure, my girlfriend asked me about it and I wasn't 100%.

Sabotage70

No prob. I'm from there originally from there also. I escaped just over 15 years ago. Grew up in the "Dirty I.E.", don't miss it one bit.

I have someone at work that ask me about some of the gun laws. Like if one needs a special permit for having an AK-47 or just OC'ing in general. Every time I tell him "Just forget about all of those stupid gun laws that you learned in CA. They don't apply here." ;)