• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No firearms allowed in VA facilities

Nevada carrier

I went up to the VA complex on Owens here in Vegas and at every entrance they have a no firearms sign citing a chapter of 18 U.S.C. At some of the entrances there are unarmed security guards asking if you are carrying firearm or weapon.

Nevada carrier

when ever I see a sign on a door that says "No firearms" some part of me wonders if it's safe to be in there. Especialy when the person charged with enforcing such a rule isn't armed.

buzzsaw

when ever I see a sign on a door that says "No firearms" some part of me wonders if it's safe to be in there. Especialy when the person charged with enforcing such a rule isn't armed.

Didn't you see the reference from the OP? It is the VA.... it wouldn't be safe to be in there even if firearms didn't exist at all. I know cause I been there.