Thread: New to OC

New to OC

Just join the site and really found the info here fantastic. I live around the Puyallup are and thought I should introduce myself. Little about me, I'm 25, a brand new dad and was raised with lots of firearms and outdoor influences.

I've had a CPL since I turned 21, so CC is old hat for me, but I was hoping some of you might be able to give me the general attitude towards OC in Puyallup and maybe a few tips on interacting with people who might ask questions or be confrontational.

Welcome and I look forward to meeting you at one of the OC events we have planned throughout the summer.

Thank you for the welcome. I hope to attend an event soon.

Welcome

welcome to the forum, glad you found us.
    - I find that old fashoined manners and politeness tend to dispell alot of the "stereotype" that gets pushed on us as gun owners. I carry OC as much as i can these days, and mostly recieve curious or supportive commentary. really no negative situations for me to recount. ~ Carry yourself well, and people will usually recieve you that way

Bat

I suppose politeness and manners are often overlooked with firearms, people tend to be a bit defensive about the issue of firearms in the possession or an "ordinary citizen".

I find it a bit ironic that while carrying a pistol concealed, I'm always concerned with people noticing my pistol because my shirt slides over it or my jacket blows open. Kind of a thing where sometimes I would just prefer that it was obvious I am armed instead of concealing the pistol, hence my interest in OC.

Smile It's about the Behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by irish52084 View Post
    I suppose politeness and manners are often overlooked with firearms, people tend to be a bit defensive about the issue of firearms in the possession or an "ordinary citizen".

I find it a bit ironic that while carrying a pistol concealed, I'm always concerned with people noticing my pistol because my shirt slides over it or my jacket blows open. Kind of a thing where sometimes I would just prefer that it was obvious I am armed instead of concealing the pistol, hence my interest in OC.
    Never worry about what you are wearing again, OC is legal.

Be polite, be kind, be courteous and be professional. Be willing to engage your fellow citizen and be willing to be an ambassador to the OC movement when asked. Also, be prepared for an occasional 'anti' gunner, and let them make a fool of themselves.
    Live Free or Die!