• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to OC

irish52084

Just join the site and really found the info here fantastic. I live around the Puyallup are and thought I should introduce myself. Little about me, I'm 25, a brand new dad and was raised with lots of firearms and outdoor influences.

I've had a CPL since I turned 21, so CC is old hat for me, but I was hoping some of you might be able to give me the general attitude towards OC in Puyallup and maybe a few tips on interacting with people who might ask questions or be confrontational.

Batousaii

Welcome

welcome to the forum, glad you found us.
- I find that old fashoined manners and politeness tend to dispell alot of the "stereotype" that gets pushed on us as gun owners. I carry OC as much as i can these days, and mostly recieve curious or supportive commentary. really no negative situations for me to recount. ~ Carry yourself well, and people will usually recieve you that way :)

Bat

irish52084

I suppose politeness and manners are often overlooked with firearms, people tend to be a bit defensive about the issue of firearms in the possession or an "ordinary citizen".

I find it a bit ironic that while carrying a pistol concealed, I'm always concerned with people noticing my pistol because my shirt slides over it or my jacket blows open. Kind of a thing where sometimes I would just prefer that it was obvious I am armed instead of concealing the pistol, hence my interest in OC.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
It's about the Behaviour

I suppose politeness and manners are often overlooked with firearms, people tend to be a bit defensive about the issue of firearms in the possession or an "ordinary citizen".

I find it a bit ironic that while carrying a pistol concealed, I'm always concerned with people noticing my pistol because my shirt slides over it or my jacket blows open. Kind of a thing where sometimes I would just prefer that it was obvious I am armed instead of concealing the pistol, hence my interest in OC.

Never worry about what you are wearing again, OC is legal.

Be polite, be kind, be courteous and be professional. Be willing to engage your fellow citizen and be willing to be an ambassador to the OC movement when asked. Also, be prepared for an occasional 'anti' gunner, and let them make a fool of themselves.