• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC picnic in Spokane - 8/4

sirtirithon

Looks like the 4th at Manito Park it is. I don't get off work until 5pm so I won't be there until 5:30 or so. I will bring a cooler with ice and soda (Beer probably wouldn't be appreciated at such an event! :p lol) I will also bring some potato salad. I'll get the word out to the folks that expressed an interest to me in attending. Sounds like we will have a great turn out!

bennie1986

Hey guys! Haven’t been around in a while. I will try to make it, i dont get off work till 530 but i work close.i have a friend i got in to oc that may be interested as well.

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

OK I reserved the shelter at Manito Park on the 4th of August from 4PM untill 8PM.
This a family event so bring the kids
I will bring the dogs, burgers and buns.
We need a head count so we get enough food.
Open Carry is not required, I will be OCing.
Maybe we should invite John Clark, LOL
Anyone have a grill we could use?

fastfish600

OK I reserved the shelter at Manito Park on the 4th of August from 4PM untill 8PM.

I am new at this and would like to make this event.

bennie1986

We may need him LOL!

But seriously I think it would be a great idea to invite John!

Jeff Hayes

Everyone should know that Fastfish600 busted his OC cherry last week, congratulations Fastfish and welcome to OCDC.

I was going to email you about this event but now I wont.

JSLack thanks we will count on you for the BBQ and welcome to OCDC.

Bennie could you give John Clark a call and invite him, lots of potential clients will be there.

For those of you that dont know John Clark is the local lawyer that defended Bennie when he was unlawfully ticketed in Manito Park a year or so ago. Bennie holds the Spokane record 2 tickets 2 dismissals.

bennie1986

Everyone should know that Fastfish600 busted his OC cherry last week, congratulations Fastfish and welcome to OCDC.

I was going to email you about this event but now I wont.

JSLack thanks we will count on you for the BBQ and welcome to OCDC.

Bennie could you give John Clark a call and invite him, lots of potential clients will be there.

For those of you that dont know John Clark is the local lawyer that defended Bennie when he was unlawfully ticketed in Manito Park a year or so ago. Bennie holds the Spokane record 2 tickets 2 dismissals.

I will go ahead and extend the invite.

BobR

I will be there, I will bring chips, lots of chips. I can also bring in some coolers.

After lots of thought on letting the local police know about the event, I decided that they don't need to be informed (IMO, and others). We will be doing nothing illegal. If they show up we can deal with it then, and offer an invitation for food. Anyhow, that is my thoughts on that.

Now I really wish I had a decent BBQ rig.

bob

bennie1986

I will be there, I will bring chips, lots of chips. I can also bring in some coolers.

After lots of thought on letting the local police know about the event, I decided that they don't need to be informed (IMO, and others). We will be doing nothing illegal. If they show up we can deal with it then, and offer an invitation for food. Anyhow, that is my thoughts on that.

Now I really wish I had a decent BBQ rig.

bob

My last run in with a LEO at that park was actually quite pleasant. When I got there she was already there but didn’t see me. Someone approached her about me and she just asked if it was a gun or taser and left. I’m sure if they do come it will go down kinda like that.

BobR

Oh...and watermelon, it will be August and it is a picnic, you have to have watermelon. I will bring it already sliced and diced so it is easier for the adults and hopefully the kids that are there. Those with kids are more than welome to bring them. Bring you wife, your parents, your neighbors...just don't bring the guys from the corner of division and 2nd unless you want to be responsible for taking them back. :)

bob

o2ryan

Again, count on me +3 and lots of bottled water to fill the coolers. I will talk to my buddy and see if he can provide the trailer BBQ pit. Seriously, no need for back yard grills if this thing shows up, we can do 30 burgers at a time. Be back soon.

Snarly

Bill Starks

State Researcher

You might want to update the first post in this thread with the date / time / location so others don't have to read through a bunch of posts to find the info.

Lammo

I hope John will be feeling up to it. BTW, have you ever seen his gun room? Amazing collection of WWII vintage arms and other stuff.

BobR

So far it looks like:

sirtirithon ....... Soda and Potato Salad (+cooler and ice)

Orphan ......... dogs, burgers and buns

Bob R + 1 ...... Chips and watermelon (+ a couple of coolers), WA Gun Rights pamphlets.

SnarlyWino + 6 ... Salad and Dihydrogen Monoxide (H2O) and BBQ pit

JSlack + 1 ........... Coolers

Fetch (we will keep the burgers warm for you)

Dave the Welder (be nice to see you up here)

fastfish600

Bennie1986 + 2

Lammo

Coming over from SGT (spokaneguntrader), a group of great people.

bladebum ......... veggie tray

Masonryman

greatnw + 3(?)

RLHas

If I have left anyone out, or there are changes, please post so we can keep an accurate headcount going. We will still need paper plates, plastic ware, condiments, perhaps stuff (lettuce, tomato, onion) for the burgers, relish for the dogs. Use you imagination, whatever you would probably like at a picnic is what others would like also.

Once again, feel free to bring wives, kids, friends etc.

Hope to see you there.

bob

Last edited: