• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC picnic in Spokane - 8/4

JSlack

Bob, regarding the bbq/coolers, I will not be able to be there until 5:30, if this will start at 4, my bbq/coolers will be late.

snarly had offered the posibility of a bbq pit eliminating the need for, as he put it, backyard grills. any word on if that might pan out?

I can still provide the use of my grill, if need be, it will just have to get there by other means. let me know!

oh and also, count on me +1 for now, possibly more as it gets closer

o2ryan

Bob, regarding the bbq/coolers, I will not be able to be there until 5:30, if this will start at 4, my bbq/coolers will be late.

snarly had offered the posibility of a bbq pit eliminating the need for, as he put it, backyard grills. any word on if that might pan out?

I can still provide the use of my grill, if need be, it will just have to get there by other means. let me know!

oh and also, count on me +1 for now, possibly more as it gets closer

JSlack,

I confirmed the pit yesterday, so don't worry about the BBQ. We can be there by 4 or a little earlier. No offense with the backyard grill comment;)

I am looking closer to +6 or more with the invites I have extended. Looking forward to meeting more people and introducing some too.

Have we got a specific location at Manito pinned down yet so we know where to show up? Or did I miss that?

Snarly

JSlack

JSlack,

I confirmed the pit yesterday, so don't worry about the BBQ. We can be there by 4 or a little earlier. No offense with the backyard grill comment;)

I am looking closer to +6 or more with the invites I have extended. Looking forward to meeting more people and introducing some too.

Have we got a specific location at Manito pinned down yet so we know where to show up? Or did I miss that?

Snarly

Awesome!

no offense taken sir! I love me a big bbq pit! I just had to quote what you were saying because of the way you said it haha!
we built a guy an all stainless bbq smoker in high school once. for payment, he broke it in for us. showed up at something like 4 in the morning to start smoking. was the best meat(ham/turkey/chicken) i'd ever tasted!

looking forward to this picnic! should be a good time meeting everyone!

bennie1986

So far it looks like:

sirtirithon ....... Soda and Potato Salad (+cooler and ice)

Orphan ......... dogs, burgers and buns ( will your wife be joining us?)

Bob R + 1 ...... Chips and watermelon (+ a couple of coolers), WA Gun Rights pamphlets.

SnarlyWino + 3 ... Salad and Dihydrogen Monoxide (H2O)

JSlack ........... BBQ and coolers

Fetch (?)

Dave the Welder (be nice to see you up here)

fastfish600

Bennie1986 (possible)

Lammo

Coming over from SGT (spokaneguntrader), a group of great people.

bladebum .......... veggie tray

Masonryman

greatnw + 3(?)

RLHas

If I have left anyone out, or there are changes, please post so we can keep an accurate headcount going. We will still need paper plates, plastic ware, condiments, perhaps stuff (lettuce, tomato, onion) for the burgers, relish for the dogs. Use you imagination, whatever you would probably like at a picnic is what others would like also.

Once again, feel free to bring wives, kids, friends etc.

Hope to see you there.

bob

I’m defiantly coming!!! I plan on bringing my Wife and Son but my wife is pregnant so her attendance will kind of depend on how she is feeling on that particular day.

Jeff Hayes

Snarly

We will be at the picnic shelter, I'm in Kalifornia right now but when I return I will go check out the facilities and report back late next week.

David.Car

Have been away from the forum for awhile. Decided to make a quick check of it today and now I am glad I did.

Can count me in.

Will try and spread the word amongst some firearm friendly friends and other Spokane OCers who have kind of fallen from the forum as well.

Jeff Hayes

David

Glad you dropped by, give us some kind of head count so we have the right amount of food. It will be good to see you again.

Orphan

sirtirithon

So far I've got about three guys who I think will join us. Looks like we will have a great turn out. I was also thinking it would be a good idea if someone here could bring a copy of the state preemption that shows the city parks as a non restricted area for firearms. I'm not sure where to find this. Might help mediate any hassling from SPD and or avoid us all getting fined and having to fight it in court. Anyways, looking forward to it!

bennie1986

So far I've got about three guys who I think will join us. Looks like we will have a great turn out. I was also thinking it would be a good idea if someone here could bring a copy of the state preemption that shows the city parks as a non restricted area for firearms. I'm not sure where to find this. Might help mediate any hassling from SPD and or avoid us all getting fined and having to fight it in court. Anyways, looking forward to it!

I do you one better! I will bring the legal brief and the dismissal for the ticket I got at that same park last year. I have to find it though because we recently moved all my stuff has yet to be organized.

You can actually see a copy of the legal brief on my post about that ticket. Here is the link.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?60815-City-of-Spokane-OC-in-the-park-defense/page3

Last edited:

BobR

BTT wth an update.

So far it looks like:

sirtirithon + 3 ....... Soda and Potato Salad (+cooler and ice)

Orphan + 1 ......... dogs, burgers and buns

Bob R + 1 ...... Chips and watermelon (+ a couple of coolers), WA Gun Rights pamphlets.

SnarlyWino + 6 ... Salad and Dihydrogen Monoxide (H2O) and BBQ pit

JSlack + 1 ........... Coolers

Fetch (we will keep the burgers warm for you)

Dave the Welder (be nice to see you up here)

fastfish600

Bennie1986 + 2

Lammo

jeangordon + 1

Coming over from SGT (spokaneguntrader), a group of great people.

bladebum ......... veggie tray

Masonryman

greatnw + 3 ...... paper plates and plastic ware

RLHas

Gun Crazy Dad + 5 (?)

If I have left anyone out, or there are changes, please post so we can keep an accurate headcount going.

It looks like we still need condiments, perhaps stuff (lettuce, tomato, onion) for the burgers, relish for the dogs. Use you imagination, whatever you would probably like at a picnic is what others would like also.

Up to 33 so far. That is fairly impressive for one of these things, and in the middle of the week to boot!

bob

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

There will be quite a few new people there, I am looking forward to meeting everyone that I have not met and seeing the people that I do know again.